Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After many months of trying to get 1803 installed I eventually succeeded (With a good deal of help from Microsoft second level). I then set metered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisHarris4, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it?

After many months of trying to get 1803 installed I eventually succeeded (With a good deal of help from Microsoft second level). I then set metered connection and only accept security updates. Now I am starting to read about 1809.

It hasn't tried to get into my machine, and with metered connection I should be able to keep it out.

Is there any reason why I should want 1809?

:)

ChrisHarris4, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it?

I think it is time I just accept that this motherboard is currently incapable of upgrading to windows 10. I just started the revert to windows 7. Thanks for all of the support.

Nordic, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it?

1. Windows 10 upgrade 1809. Why should I accept it? - Similar Threads - upgrade 1809 Why

2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I upgrade to Windows 10?: Hi everyone, I have an old PC running Windows 7 pro, my friend told me that I should install Windows 10 on it because windows 7 is outdated, I'm confused should I upgrade to Windows 10 or not? I already backed up my files and I want to make sure before I proceed. Well my PC...
  3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I upgrade to Windows 10?: Hi everyone, I have an old PC running Windows 7 pro, my friend told me that I should install Windows 10 on it because windows 7 is outdated, I'm confused should I upgrade to Windows 10 or not? I already backed up my files and I want to make sure before I proceed. Well my PC...
  4. Should I get 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I get 1809?: Hi people of the world, I got a new HP Pavilion 14-ce0518sa for Christmas (hooray!) and I wondered whether or not I should upgrade to 1809 since my laptop is too good to screw up, so I thought I should ask the community. Seeing the havoc that went on when 1809 was first...
  5. Should I upgrade to windows 10?

Should I upgrade to windows 10?: Hi all, I have myself a dell latitude D630 with windows 7 home premium that is genuine. I am thinking about upgrading to windows 10, however, will my laptop slow down a lot from upgrading? If not, will it slow down over time? I heard windows 10 will get more demanding...
  6. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade to Windows 10?: I currently run Windows 7 and have been thinking about upgrading to Windows 10, however I have heard that Windows 10 has privacy issues which is really putting me off upgrading. Also when I upgrade, will all my application work with Windows 10 like they do in Windows 7?...
  7. Should I Upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Upgrade to Windows 10?: My present OS is Windows 8.1. (1) All I use my laptop for is email, web browsing and on-line purchases such as amazon.com, etc. I am accustomed to using 8.1 for the aforementioned and am happy with it. Is it worth it for me to upgrade to Windows 10? (2) When does Microsoft...
  8. Should I Upgrade to Windows 10??

Should I Upgrade to Windows 10??: I’m thinking of upgrading my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system to Windows 10 while it’s still free. Please refer to my system specs for information. Since the Mobo, processor and everything else on the system predates Windows 10 (and Window 8 for that matter) I’m a little concerned...
  9. Should I upgrade this PC to Windows 10 or should I not?

Should I upgrade this PC to Windows 10 or should I not?: I have a Medion MD96360 laptop from 2007. It contains an AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 processor with 1.8 GHz, an ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card and 2 GB of RAM. Currently I have Windows 7 on this machine and it is working, but it is slow. Watching YouTube videos in fullscreen...
  10. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade to Windows 10?: I have an HP Pavilion 20-b010 all-in-one. I'm a little hesitant to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 due to specs of the hp. I know what the Microsoft specs are for 10 but I have concerns that their specs are under rated when it come to the real operation of Windows 10. I would like to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i update to windows 10 1809

2. should i update windows 10 to 1809

3. should i upgrade windows 10 to 1809

4. should i upgrade from windows 10 1809,
  5. should i update to win 1809,
  6. windows 1809 should i upgrade,
  7. should i update to windows 1809,
  8. why upgrade to Windows 10 1809,
  9. should i update to 1809,
  10. why should i update to 1809,
  11. should win 10 be upgraded to 1809,