Windows 10: Windows 10 - Upgrade 1903 Getting Files Ready at 78% - Am I being impatient

Discus and support Windows 10 - Upgrade 1903 Getting Files Ready at 78% - Am I being impatient in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Being a microsoft user, for what seems forever. I am familiar with the update process and I realize that it takes time and patience for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by michaelpahlke1, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Upgrade 1903 Getting Files Ready at 78% - Am I being impatient

Being a microsoft user, for what seems forever.

I am familiar with the update process and I realize that it takes time

and patience for an install to complete.

As for myself, My first mistake was leaving my Anti-virus up and running,

when normally I turn it off. So at this time, during the install I am at the "getting files

ready" and my anti-virus is up and running (so much for the 2-3 hour estimates)

As a windows user, I also suffer from the "is it done yet" syndrome, where

in the past, I have performed a hard power down, booted the computer and

took what ever steps I was prompted to perform EG: Start windows normally.

I have taken the Notebook: Windows 10 Home computer 64 byte version

and placed it, in a safe location, so I am not checking it every five minutes

and go into a "is it done yet mode" to save my sanity.

My question is as follows: It is currently 1:30 CST

If I take a look at the computer at 7:00P CST today or 6:00A CST

tomorrow morning and I am still at this point in time Getting Files

Ready at 78%

Should I hit the power button/hard shut down and then power up.

What are the best practices in this situation where a install stops

at a given percentage. Feed back appreciated.

:)

michaelpahlke1, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness

Source: Setup guides for Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Upgrade 1903 Getting Files Ready at 78% - Am I being impatient

The upgrade process gets past the 'your pc is ready to restart to complete update', and around 78% it fails .

Original title: Windows 10 anniversary

i was able to install the anniversary upgrade on my dell optiplex 330,,but upgrade fails on my dell latitude e5530. the upgrade process gets past the 'your pc is ready to restart to complete update', and around 78% in,,it fails and restores the previous
    windows 10 version.

can't locate error code,,which log should i look on?

please help,,thanx

larryofnewyork, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Upgrade 1903 Getting Files Ready at 78% - Am I being impatient

1. Windows 10 - Upgrade 1903 Getting Files Ready at 78% - Am I being impatient - Similar Threads - Upgrade 1903 Getting

2. I am trying to install Windows 10 - it Restarts at 'Getting Files Ready for Installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to install Windows 10 - it Restarts at 'Getting Files Ready for Installation.: This is a PC I built. Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus - I updated the bios.RAM: 2x G skill Intel 32 GB.CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 3900xHD: Samsung SSD 1 TBPSU: Seasonic Focus PX-850 850w supply.All these parts worked in another build except the Samsung SSD which I bought in the...
  3. I am trying to install Windows 10 - it Restarts at 'Getting Files Ready for Installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to install Windows 10 - it Restarts at 'Getting Files Ready for Installation.: This is a PC I built. Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus - I updated the bios.RAM: 2x G skill Intel 32 GB.CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 3900xHD: Samsung SSD 1 TBPSU: Seasonic Focus PX-850 850w supply.All these parts worked in another build except the Samsung SSD which I bought in the...
  4. I am trying to install Windows 10 - it Restarts at 'Getting Files Ready for Installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Getting Ready

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Getting Ready: My laptop is experiencing an annoying bug, it always displays "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" without the circle loading animation everytime I shut down or restart it, I always update my windows at time andthere is no bios in pending, please can you help...
  6. Windows 10 Getting Ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Getting Ready: My laptop is experiencing an annoying bug, it always displays "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" without the circle loading animation everytime I shut down or restart it, I always update my windows at time andthere is no bios in pending, please can you help...
  7. Windows 10 Getting Ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 won’t get past getting files ready for installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won’t get past getting files ready for installation: my windows 10 boot usb wont install on my ssd ive cleaned the ssd already and i cant get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-get-past-getting-files-ready-for/161c312e-ace0-43ee-8c32-900321ace277
  9. Getting files ready for installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting files ready for installation: So recently my previous windows 10 file was corrupted so I needed a new iso file... in the progress of installing I've been stuck with Getting files ready for installation part for 2 hours.. is there any fix?...
  10. Getting ready for 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting ready for 10: Planning to get 10, but I have a question 1st. What's the best way to test my mobo? I mean EVERYTHING; including all Sata, Video, Lan & USB ports. 3599

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difficult time to update windows 10 version 1903 on hp notebook

2. i am not getting windows 1903 update

3. opening excel file got struck at 78%