Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade 2020

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade 2020 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Guys, It's been a long time since I was last chatting here, nice to be back, had to re register as I couldn't see a 'Forgotten Password' link,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MrBasher, May 5, 2020.

1. MrBasher Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 2020

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I was last chatting here, nice to be back, had to re register as I couldn't see a 'Forgotten Password' link, anyway I found a resolution to an issue I was having with Windows starting up through the night after sleep or hibernating, was a Maintenance Schedule.

But I do think I am loosing my marbles over an update, I was told I had an update to 2020 so it downloaded it, ran the update after restarting a few times and hey presto after running winver I was still on 1909!

Am I loosing it?

Regards,

Dave G

:)

MrBasher, May 5, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 5, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 5, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 2020

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade 2020

1. Windows 10 Upgrade 2020 - Similar Threads - Upgrade 2020

2. purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...: purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key and invoice is unavailable to see key - how do I get the key to reinstall on new hard drive....
  3. purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...: purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key and invoice is unavailable to see key - how do I get the key to reinstall on new hard drive....
  4. Cant do anything revolving around Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 after Hardware Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant do anything revolving around Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 after Hardware Upgrade.: So I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 7 3700x to a Ryzen 9 5900x. When I installed it I tried running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and it blue screened. The stop code was BAD_POOL_CALLER. I tried updating my chipset drivers, graphics drivers, mobo bios, I even reinstalled...
  5. Cant do anything revolving around Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 after Hardware Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant do anything revolving around Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 after Hardware Upgrade.: So I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 7 3700x to a Ryzen 9 5900x. When I installed it I tried running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and it blue screened. The stop code was BAD_POOL_CALLER. I tried updating my chipset drivers, graphics drivers, mobo bios, I even reinstalled...
  6. Is it possible to upgrade windows from 10 pro 1909 OEM to 10 pro October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to upgrade windows from 10 pro 1909 OEM to 10 pro October 2020 Update: Dear Recently Microsoft announcements windows10 1909 will the end of service next month, in May 2021.Just i want confirm my company All PCs and laptop purchased inbuild windows 10 OS Purchased on the Local Partner based on business needed.Is it possible to upgrade windows...
  7. Administrator account suddenly enabled, no password needed -- Oct 2020 upgrade bug or was I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator account suddenly enabled, no password needed -- Oct 2020 upgrade bug or was I...: I just noticed that in addition to my regular user account, there appeared a new option to log in as "Administrator" on my login-screen. After clicking on it, it didn't ask for any password (!), and brought me to the setting up windows dialogs ("Choose privacy settings for...
  8. Failed update 2020-12 KB4592438 and can't in-place upgrade keep files

Failed update 2020-12 KB4592438 and can't in-place upgrade keep files: Hi, Windows Pro 20H2 [Version 10.0.19042.488] I have spent over a week now trying to solve what's wrong with my W10, and I'm unable to do an in-place upgrade because of the known bug of not allowing to keep files and programs. I hope someone could help me to either fix the...
  9. Problem with audiodg.exe since the 09-12-2020 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with audiodg.exe since the 09-12-2020 upgrade: Hello, I have disrruption At the beginning december, my audio crashes each day. We try to fix this issue by using this tutorial: https://zcom.tech/audio-services-not-responding.html/ When removing the audio driver and restarting the computer, it was working again...
  10. How to solve Windows Unactivated after upgrade to October 2020 Windows 10

How to solve Windows Unactivated after upgrade to October 2020 Windows 10: Hello Community, I'd be grateful to get your advice on the following. Thank you. SUMMARY After Windows 10 October 2020 update, my Windows says it is not activated even though it was activated for the last six years. ALL GOOD UNTIL THIS WEEK My PC has been running...