Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade and graphics driver

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade and graphics driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I finally upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 last night. Just before the upgrade however, nVidia updated the graphics driver. I let windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StevenDestazio, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade and graphics driver

I finally upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 last night. Just before the upgrade however, nVidia updated the graphics driver.

I let windows upgrade while i slept but woke up to a black screen where not even ctrl+alt+delete would open anything. I restarted the computer and could see the windows logo but then black screen again but i did hear the chimes when windows logged in.

Im thinking its an issue with the graphics driver not working for windows 10 because i can see the windows logo on start up, and i can also see the recovery screen but only black screen from user logon screen onward.

in the recovery screen, if i follow the steps to restart in safe mode, i get to the screen where i need to select what number (5 i think for safe mode with network) but neither my keyboard or mouse are working at that screen but do work (light up) if i let windows fully start so i cant even get into safe mode.

Since i think its a graphics driver issue, i need to be able to get into windows to uninstall the driver and then reinstall the correct driver. Since i cant get into safe mode, my question is: would i be able to get windows to open if i removed my graphics card and tried to start windows with onboard graphics, uninstall the drivers, turn off computer and reinstall graphics card, then install new driver?

:)

StevenDestazio, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade and graphics driver

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade and graphics driver

1. Windows 10 upgrade and graphics driver - Similar Threads - upgrade graphics driver

2. windows graphics drivere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows graphics drivere: I having issue with my graphics driver update problem , even after downloading the update it doesn't showing the install button instead it show downland again, I don't know what to do???...
  3. windows graphics drivere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows graphics drivere: I having issue with my graphics driver update problem , even after downloading the update it doesn't showing the install button instead it show downland again, I don't know what to do???...
  4. upgrade from Vista to 10 - and graphics driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from Vista to 10 - and graphics driver: I want to upgrade my Medion Akoya E4320 D from Vista to Windows 10 with a clean install. I meet the requirements apart from the driver for the Graphics card. The requirement is DirectX 9 or later, and I have DirectX 11 NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS. The requirement is WDDM 1.0...
  5. On Windows 10 Upgrade to Windows 7 and now the graphics drivers are crazy?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    On Windows 10 Upgrade to Windows 7 and now the graphics drivers are crazy?: Hi, I upgraded my PC today from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 and now only the (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter) drivers are installed How can I reinstall my old drivers? And since I have the driver, my display is stretching you back and forth like water PS: My old graphics...
  6. Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics card for Windows 10 upgrade: I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I am not a gamer, only occasionally watch a TV program on my PC. Otherwise I just play with my photos. I have an old integrated NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 graphics card. I understand that this card is not compatible with Windows 10....
  7. Intel(R) HD Graphics display driver not compatible With Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel(R) HD Graphics display driver not compatible With Windows 10 upgrade: I have multiple machines that I am upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and many of them fail the upgrade due to incompatible software. some digging around showed that there are some Intel(R) HD Graphic display drivers are not compatible with Windows 10. On a test machine...
  8. Graphics driver problem on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver problem on Windows 10: I have updated my o.s. from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I am facing "OpenGL" errors [ATTACH]while loading games despite my graphics drivers are all updated!...
  9. Windows 10 graphics driver

Windows 10 graphics driver: Hello there , I have an issue that was resolved by the nice people of the Cust. Service. But I might have created another issue. Splain : uninstalled driver , restarted pc. Pc starts normal , trying to reinstall driver, got black screen , tried with a different version, black...
  10. I can't get AMD graphic driver after the upgrade to Windows 10

I can't get AMD graphic driver after the upgrade to Windows 10: Dearfriend, I've got a notebook Pavilion DV6-3152SLwith hardware AMD Phenom(tm) II N620 Dual-Core 64 bit, bios F29,product number XD575EA#ABZ. After upgrading from Windows 7 HP toWindows 10, I've got a big problem with the AMD graphic drivers,which are both now version...