Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade and my old Dell printer will no longer work - not recognized

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade and my old Dell printer will no longer work - not recognized in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 just updated and now my ooooold dell photo 926 printer will no longer work. any fixes out there? otherwise i will remove the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Quaaka, May 27, 2020.

1. Quaaka Win User

Windows 10 upgrade and my old Dell printer will no longer work - not recognized

My windows 10 just updated and now my ooooold dell photo 926 printer will no longer work. any fixes out there? otherwise i will remove the latest upgrade which i did once before.

:)

Quaaka, May 27, 2020
  2. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, May 27, 2020
  3. MTHall720 Win User
    Lexmark z2420 printer no longer found after upgrading from Windows 7

I have a Dell 15 inch laptop which has worked beautifully for me but now that I upgraded from Win 7to 10 my printer is no longer recognized. The printer is Connected via a USB. I did a fresh download of drive erst for the Lexmark Z2420

MTHall720, May 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 upgrade and my old Dell printer will no longer work - not recognized

Dell 946 all in one printer- says there is no communication between my laptop and the printer.

Original title: Dell 946 all in one printer

I installed Windows 10 yesterday and it took 3 hours to get the computer to recognize my Dell 946 all in one printer. It now recognizes it but says there is no communication between my laptop and the printer. I have tried all of the recommended steps (disconnecting
    and reconnecting everything, turning off and restarting both printer and laptop) and the same message comes up. Any suggestions? Thanks

CarolPencke, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade and my old Dell printer will no longer work - not recognized

1. Windows 10 upgrade and my old Dell printer will no longer work - not recognized - Similar Threads - upgrade old Dell

2. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10: Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being forced to do this; not a fan.Have an HP LaserJet P1102w and an HP desktop computer. The printer is listed as there, I upgraded...
  3. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10: Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being forced to do this; not a fan.Have an HP LaserJet P1102w and an HP desktop computer. The printer is listed as there, I upgraded...
  4. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: The printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell Customers Assistance... the product is discontinued, so no more updates, no more drivers, no more tech support... they say: "Before disposing...
  5. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: The printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell Customers Assistance... the product is discontinued, so no more updates, no more drivers, no more tech support... they say: "Before disposing...
  6. my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my old printer is NOT recognized by Win10: the printer is a Dell V515w around 2010... already tried everything EVERYTHING, included YouTube tutorials... yesterday called Dell tech support... they say: "Before disposing the device, try calling Microsoft"... this morning discovered that "calling" Microsoft is a...
  7. Printer no longer works with Windows 10

Printer no longer works with Windows 10: My Epson WF -4740 will not print off my computer anymore It says error printing but I can print off my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-no-longer-works-with-windows-10/85df4e34-4cee-4104-b335-57bb147fde55
  8. New Dell Windows 10 Computer - Printer is not recognized

New Dell Windows 10 Computer - Printer is not recognized: The HP laserjet pro M1212 nf MFP is not recognized as a printer. What can be done to move this printer from "Other Devices" to "Printers"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-windows-10-computer-printer-is-not/cb36729d-3c23-4148-87e3-1e23ab38b15e
  9. Win10 no longer recognizes Canon printer

Win10 no longer recognizes Canon printer: After a recent Windows update, Win10 Home system no longer recognizes printer Canon Maxify MB2120. The latest Canon driver is installed. Have removed printer and reinstalled. Printer prints test sheet, but not from the computer. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks....
  10. Printer No Longer Working

Printer No Longer Working: Using Windows 10, 64 Bit version I have an Epson WF-7720 Printer that has a wireless connection to my computer. Today, it stopped printing, an error message reads: "The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable" Has this anything to do with the Windows...