Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Applying a Windows 10 update the screen has shown working on updates 14% for 4 hours. Should I power off the machine despite warning not to?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonKravis2, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

Applying a Windows 10 update the screen has shown working on updates 14% for 4 hours. Should I power off the machine despite warning not to?

:)

SimonKravis2, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

Upgrade to Windows 10 hangs at 32%

My Windows 10 uprgrade hangs at 32%, I have tried all the steps listed on this thread and it still wont work. I can share Log details

Jasen Crompton, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

1. Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14% - Similar Threads - upgrade appears hang

2. RDP session appears to be hanging up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session appears to be hanging up: I have a workstation that auto updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.I RDP into a Windows 2019 server daily.As I am using the RDP session, several times a day things will become unresponsive. This ranges from the operating system not recognizing when I press the windows key...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade hangs: I'm trying to upgrade Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Lenovo thinkpad. The upgrade reboots once then achieves 20% approx and hangs with the Lenovo splash screen showing.There's no error message displayed.I have removed Bit Defender, SQL Server, reset the download folder to the...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade hangs: I'm trying to upgrade Windows 10 Pro 22H2 on a Lenovo thinkpad. The upgrade reboots once then achieves 20% approx and hangs with the Lenovo splash screen showing.There's no error message displayed.I have removed Bit Defender, SQL Server, reset the download folder to the...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022: When Upgrading using Media Creation Tool I am having problem -Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x2 0000Then I tried to install it with ISO file I download PowerISO for extracting ISO fileBut after the second reboot it is showing the error - "The system registry contains invalid file...
  7. UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022: When Upgrading using Media Creation Tool I am having problem -Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x2 0000Then I tried to install it with ISO file I download PowerISO for extracting ISO fileBut after the second reboot it is showing the error - "The system registry contains invalid file...
  8. UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. email application appears to hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email application appears to hang: here is my installed version info... Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎10/‎15/‎2020 OS build 19042.685 Serial number 022266344553 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The email app on my surface pro hangs, i can not send email,...
  10. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....