Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Applying a Windows 10 update the screen has shown working on updates 14% for 4 hours. Should I power off the machine despite warning not to?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonKravis2, Aug 2, 2020 at 8:22 AM.

1. Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

Applying a Windows 10 update the screen has shown working on updates 14% for 4 hours. Should I power off the machine despite warning not to?

:)

SimonKravis2, Aug 2, 2020 at 8:22 AM
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

4. Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

Upgrade to Windows 10 hangs at 32%

My Windows 10 uprgrade hangs at 32%, I have tried all the steps listed on this thread and it still wont work. I can share Log details

Jasen Crompton, Aug 2, 2020 at 8:26 AM
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14%

1. Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang at 14% - Similar Threads - upgrade appears hang

2. windows 10 hang

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hang: Hello. I have 32-bit Windows 10, which has a lot of regiment. please guide me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hang/a9732a75-f3f9-4c0a-93a7-27fa784ca819
  3. WINDOWS 10 HANGING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 HANGING: Dear Sir, I am having problem with windows 10 It got hang when I started it and it is hang for 5-10 min I have to restart it or start task manager. then it get cleared sir please tell me what i will do Thank You...
  4. paperport 14 with windows 10

paperport 14 with windows 10: I found the problem! In the registry there is an option that cause the crash: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences look for BrowserSelected my registry had "Mozilla Firefox" I changed it "none" PAPERPORT 14.5 STARTED WITH NO PROBLEMS NOTE:...
  5. After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang!

After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang!: After a Windows 10 Update yesterday, I believe it was, Windows Explorer appears to hang at times. It's not very nice since I can't use Task Manager to restart Windows Explorer and have had to quit using the computer twice without closing down any of my many programs properly...
  6. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....
  7. Windows 10 hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs: I thought that the problem was fixed with the Mar 2 release. Before this fix the system either failed to wake up or when it did wake up it would hang. After the Mar fix. It would wake up when it was supposed to wake up. It did this for about two weeks. Now it has hung every...
  8. Windows 10 Setup freeze/hangs at logo, loading circle not appearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup freeze/hangs at logo, loading circle not appearing: I just want to create my own Win10 here, but when I setup the VMs, and running it, It wasn't go well, It froze! I have tried add the size to 21GB, using UEFI, and deleting the EFI folder, but still not working Any clue? Here are my VM Specs : [img] Thanks! *Biggrin...
  9. Upgrade assistant hanging on 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade assistant hanging on 99%: I am attempting to upgrade to W10 on my daughters Toshiba laptop via the upgrade assistant over W7, all goes well until the 99% stage. The process then hangs at this stage, I have given it up to 6 hours to complete. Windows checks indicate W10 can be installed, and all...
  10. Windows 10 hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hang: I am running Windows 10 Home Edidtion. When attempting to use my HP machine (HP Envy 810 qe Desktop with 4 core Intel i-7, 32 GB of memory) for the first time this morning, it appeared to be in sleep mode. I tapped on a few keys and got a blue screen with a message (which I...