Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A week or two ago, I saw an icon appear on my desktop labeled "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant". At the same time, I received a windows prompt asking me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treiaved, Jul 15, 2016.

1. treiaved Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing

A week or two ago, I saw an icon appear on my desktop labeled "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant". At the same time, I received a windows prompt asking me to upgrade "to the latest version of Windows 10". I had switched to windows 10 64-bit from windows 8.1 64-bit around 9-10 months ago, and up until now I had received my updates regularly without any prompts. I decided to let the update window install the update and restart my computer. However, when my computer restarted to apply the update, the computer shut down. When I turned it on again, it said the update failed and it was restoring to a older version of windows 10. I tried the same process three more times to the same result. If anybody could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

:)

treiaved, Jul 15, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Since the installation of Windows 10 it crashes multiple times a day.

A computer can crash for thousands of reasons. You have to determine what is causing your computer to crash. Once you've established the cause you can search for a solution.

Crashes often leave behind an error code that starts with 0xC000... and an error message that LOOKS_LIKE_THIS. Post those here and someone might be able to help you. Otherwise, show your computer to a professional.

If your computer was crashing before you upgraded to Windows 10, you should not have attempted to upgrade. The number one rule for upgrading an operating system is: Never upgrade over a problem. Solve all problems first, then upgrade.

BulldogXX, Jul 15, 2016
  3. windows 10 upgrade

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the suggestions of Andre Da Costa from the below link:

GWXUX.exe Windows 10 Upgrade Program CRASHES

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing - Similar Threads - Upgrade Assistant Causes

2. Crash Assist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash Assist: Hi team,I recently have lots of crash issue with my PC. It's old but never gave much problem before. I suspect it was overheat but has since dusted it and all is clear.Please find a couple of the mini dump file here.If anyone could help me that would be highly appreciated....
  3. Crash Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash Assist: Hi team,I recently have lots of crash issue with my PC. It's old but never gave much problem before. I suspect it was overheat but has since dusted it and all is clear.Please find a couple of the mini dump file here.If anyone could help me that would be highly appreciated....
  4. Crash Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade & Troubleshooting Assistance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade & Troubleshooting Assistance: Good Day everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me, I am really struggling to upgrade windows 10 to any version, I will list all the various things I have tried but I'm no expert this is from reading multiple forums and troubleshooting steps.These are the steps I've taken to...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  7. windows 10 upgrade assistant

windows 10 upgrade assistant: why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply, sometimes have to even remove battery and then replace it....
  8. Deleted Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Deleted Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: After using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant in the distant past I just recently deleted that file. Was that a mistake? 93682
  9. Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant

Remove windows 10 upgrade assistant: Really annoying, windows 10 launches its upgrade assistant every few days as soon as it gets online. I kill it with task manager and uninstall it, and it goes back after a few days. How do i completely kill it, remove it, uninstall it? And no, i choose when or should i like...
  10. windows 10 upgrade assistant.

windows 10 upgrade assistant.: Is there need to keep the windows 10 upgrade assistant? Can one now delete it? Had a rather large upgrade yesterday winver >>>>1607 14393 187 Many thanks once again. 63763