Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade assistant

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade assistant in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marleycooper, May 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 upgrade assistant

why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply, sometimes have to even remove battery and then replace it.

:)

marleycooper, May 12, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%

The problem is caused by the Windows 7 updates.

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
    • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
    • Type

It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

windows 10 upgrade assistant 852Gr.png

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete.

Anthony Cappucci, May 12, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

windows 10 upgrade assistant

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade assistant

1. windows 10 upgrade assistant - Similar Threads - upgrade assistant

2. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well: I'm currently cannot update my PC to the newest versions.I'm currently on Windows 10 21H2 and every update assistant, whether that's the Windows 10 or 11 tool, it say's "something went wrong" Error Code: 0x80070003 mainly.When I "check for updates" on my PC same Error Code...
  3. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well: I'm currently cannot update my PC to the newest versions.I'm currently on Windows 10 21H2 and every update assistant, whether that's the Windows 10 or 11 tool, it say's "something went wrong" Error Code: 0x80070003 mainly.When I "check for updates" on my PC same Error Code...
  4. Can't upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 issues with Windows Update Assistant as-well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...: I tried to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 through the windows 11 installation tool but the network disconnected halfway through the update so I forcefully shut down my laptop and now it keeps saying undoing changes made to computer and I don't have any restore points what do I...
  6. I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...

I tried to upgrade to windows 11 through the installation assistant but then it lost...: I tried to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 through the windows 11 installation tool but the network disconnected halfway through the update so I forcefully shut down my laptop and now it keeps saying undoing changes made to computer and I don't have any restore points what do I...
  7. cannot upgrade to windows 11 uisng assistant tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade to windows 11 uisng assistant tool: Hello Everyone, I am not able to upgrade to windows 11 using the assistant/media creation tool. It hasn't appeared in default windows update setting suggesting to upgrade. I can't use bootable media/iso atm as i don't have access to it physically. Below is the error...
  8. cannot upgrade to windows 11 uisng assistant tool

cannot upgrade to windows 11 uisng assistant tool: Hello Everyone, I am not able to upgrade to windows 11 using the assistant/media creation tool. It hasn't appeared in default windows update setting suggesting to upgrade. I can't use bootable media/iso atm as i don't have access to it physically. Below is the error...
  9. cannot upgrade to windows 11 uisng assistant tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant: HiI try to upgrade my Win11 22H2 to 23H2. Windows update does not show availability then I downloaded ISO.When i run setup, they do not continue to upgrade.I try also via Installation assistant, but stuck at step 3 / 3 : installation. 0 %How to check error log or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone windows 10 upgrade assistant