Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace, very angry

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace, very angry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace Very angry why 220 GB SSD, installed program and current projects brought down to 120 GB, Now add update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkPerry2, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace, very angry

Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace

Very angry why

220 GB SSD, installed program and current projects brought down to 120 GB, Now add update and I'm down to 96 GB.

I looked for solutions

- my own go to shop and ask for bigger drive

- searched online, 1 suggested remove previous version

- go to temporary files and remove "previousl windows installations"

Given my new laptop is nearly a year old and probably within the warranty I probably would not be in the mood ti stuff that up with third party threads.

My old Windows 7 finally died after copping 100 GB of updates and I never did anything about it thinking the next update would remove some unnecessary old updates.

Thanks for update Microsoft how the UCFQ am I going fix this one.

:)

MarkPerry2, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Klingon_ Win User

Not enough diskspace for Windows 10 update.

When tying to install the Windows 10 Ann... update the tool promts me to free diskspace and that it needs at least 20 Gb of free pace. I can only free 15 Gb and the tool tells me too use disk cleanup. For example: I have a Surface 2 I can not update due
    to low disk space.

What can I do to work around this?

Klingon_, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 3, 2020
  4. SegraveZ Win User

Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace, very angry

GB remained to upgrade to windows 10

I have windows 8.1 and I am still thinking to install/upgrade to windows 10 and I have only 25 GB remained in the local disk where windows is installed and at the system requirements it says : "20 GB remained in hard disk" or something like that. If I
    upgrade to Windows 10 will I still have 25 GB remained or will I have only 5 GB ? ( Sorry for topic )

SegraveZ, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace, very angry

1. Windows 10 upgrade ate 20 GB hard diskspace, very angry - Similar Threads - upgrade ate hard

2. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20+gb temp folder win10: seriously? it's filled with event log files... noitced it after my c drive got to 0 bytes left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20gb-temp-folder-win10/8b2bd149-62ba-4196-960c-9d4511a77799
  3. 20+gb temp folder win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    20+gb temp folder win10: seriously? it's filled with event log files... noitced it after my c drive got to 0 bytes left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20gb-temp-folder-win10/8b2bd149-62ba-4196-960c-9d4511a77799
  4. Angry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Angry: Everytime I Update my computer it just Becomes slower and nags and slower. Honestly if this is your response to our dear customers then you shouldn't be selling laptops or software. I've lost serious work and I'm Tired of this happening Time and time again...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade at 20 GB hard diskspace, angry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade at 20 GB hard diskspace, angry: Windows 10 upgrade at 20 GB hard diskspace Very angry why 220 GB SSD, installed program and current projects brought down to 120 GB, Now add update and I'm down to 96 GB. I looked for solutions - my own go to shop and ask for bigger drive - searched online, 1 suggested...
  6. Upgrade Hard Drive from 128GB to 512 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Hard Drive from 128GB to 512 GB: Hello. . . I am operating a Dell Inspirion 7786 with a 64 bit Operating system, x64 based processor I am attempting to upgrade from an 128GB (filled up SUPER fast) to a 512 GB hard drive. Computer has a separate 1T storage drive. I have learned that I have a PCIe x 4...
  7. 20 GB of space missing on SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20 GB of space missing on SSD: [ATTACH] Cannot clean what I can't find. Can you help? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20-gb-of-space-missing-on-ssd/52f4089c-7988-4c05-a25c-f7cc603350a9
  8. OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive ate my hard drive and external hard drive: I enabled OneDrive on my computers. My main computer seemed to get slower and slower. I clicked on "This PC" and my internal drive was red - showing about 20 GB space where there had been close to 200 GB a short time before. My external drives - one a 1 TB WD was...
  9. Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home Not Using Full 20 GB of RAM: Hi All, I have Windows 10 and 20GB of RAM. I noticed recently that only 9 GB and change is available. I have a graphics card that supports 2 monitors. Could this be it? I was also in on the beta channel. I have a laptop on Windows 10 with 16 GB and I looked at the info...
  10. pagefile.sys: 20 GB - reduce?

in Windows 10 Support
    pagefile.sys: 20 GB - reduce?: My pagefile.sys on an Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573) is 20 GB big. Could / should one resize it? If yes, how? swapfile.sys is only 16 MB big. Is it OK? 91588