Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mike33, Jul 28, 2016.

1. mike33 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I saw was a black screen and it stayed like that. I could see my mouse cursor on the black screen but nothing happened. I tried pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and that didn't work either. So after about 10 or 15 minutes of nothing, I powered my computer off. When I restarted, it restored my old version of Windows (7).

This is really annoying and I don't know what is going on. I'm tempted to just stay with Windows 7 and not try upgrading again because I don't want to screw anything up or lock myself out.

Any idea why I'm getting this problem?

:)

mike33, Jul 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 Installation Error?

Note: This 'Restarting' screen is before the supposed black screen with the blue circle that indicates the installation progress.

Vince Carandang, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Alphamale Win User

Yes it did the same here. I just stayed with it and all went well...

Alphamale, Jul 28, 2016
  5. mike33 Win User
    Care to elaborate? What do you mean by "I just stayed with it" ?

mike33, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot - Similar Threads - Upgrade Black Screen

2. Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen: Yesterday I've tried upgrading my Windows 10 Pro installation to Windows 11. My PC did meet all the requirements to upgrade my specs are listed here and I do have TPM 2.0 and secure boot enabled. The update assistant downloaded the upgrade without any problems. After...
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 during installation causes an unresponsive black screen: Yesterday I've tried upgrading my Windows 10 Pro installation to Windows 11. My PC did meet all the requirements to upgrade my specs are listed here and I do have TPM 2.0 and secure boot enabled. The update assistant downloaded the upgrade without any problems. After...
  4. Black screen during windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during windows install: I have upgraded my pc last night and tried installing windows 3 tines but each time half way through the install, the screen turns black (not off). Any ideas? submitted by /u/ltbutler6 [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade/Installation Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade/Installation Black Screen: Hi all. I own an Alienware X51 R2 desktop computer that came with Windows 7. I've been trying to upgrade the OS to Windows 10, but whenever I get to the updating phase of the installation, it fails. Specifically, when it reaches 75%, the computer restarts, and when it tries...
  6. I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10

I got a black screen during the installation of windows 10: is it common to get a black screen while installing windows 10? i can move my cursor and everything seems fine. I had also just finished confirming my settings for windows as well. could it be that its just finishing the update?...
  7. Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart: My problem was solved by removing the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse's usb dongle. I went to Logitech's website and downloaded the firmware for my mouse's model and the problem was resolved....
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor: Specs: Intel 2600k Asus Maximus V Extreme Nvidia GeForce GTX 590(1 GPU disabled) Samsung Evo 840 250 GB(19 GB space left before installing, however the setup said everything was fine) 2 Western Digital Blues 500 GB I've been looking at the forums here looking at the...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Windows 10 Black Screen During Install: Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck...
  10. Black Screens To Prevalent During Upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screens To Prevalent During Upgrade to 10: There are constant black screens that block out the view of what a user's machine is doing during an Upgrade or even at boot. I have posted this before and got silly answers like just look at your Hard Drive LED. Well to me and some others this is not a joke. I own my machine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 upgrade reboots to black screen

2. windows 10 update during reboot hi

3. windows 10 install reboots monitor black