Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danOAO, Jan 3, 2021.

1. danOAO Win User

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives

2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor.

3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk

4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue screen. for a frame, i can see a basic window appear then blue screen

5. boot usb works on my other machines

Is there anyway to fix this? I've spent 5 hours with Microsoft, etc. and nothing. I actually feel bad for how bad MS software is.. this should not be an outcome.

:)

danOAO, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Hully Win User

Black screen on windows boot

Hi

Just a few questions: this only occurs at start-up? So does Window actually load? and if so is everything then ok? You say your on DVI tried changing?

Have you any older games that change screen resolution, lets say they run the intro video as lower res are these ok?

The reason I ask is that I have something very similar black screen for approx. 15 sec at boot display comes on with Windows 10 fully loaded.
    This also happens with older games that change screen res again about 15 sec... If I change Display res manually it's fine, as are modern games.

Hully, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Anthony Gal, Jan 3, 2021
  4. JMCCAU01 Win User

Blue Screen Will Not Boot Up

removed both sticks of memory maybe loose or dusty retry 1 at a time still will not boot
    only blue screen tried to boot safe mode still same

JMCCAU01, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen - Similar Threads - upgrade boots Black

2. USB boot gives blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB boot gives blue screen: Hello, I have a mostly new build pc I want to add old harddrive later on, now using a new SSD, but I get stuck at installing windows 10.I have a new gigabyte B550M DS3H motherboard, MSI graphics card not new, new processor amd ryzen, new ram and new SSD.I have made a bootable...
  3. USB boot gives blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB boot gives blue screen: Hello, I have a mostly new build pc I want to add old harddrive later on, now using a new SSD, but I get stuck at installing windows 10.I have a new gigabyte B550M DS3H motherboard, MSI graphics card not new, new processor amd ryzen, new ram and new SSD.I have made a bootable...
  4. USB boot gives blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 USB boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 USB boots to black screen: Recently I've put together my own computer and I've been trying to install Windows 10, only to have it boot to a black screen and stay there. I've gone into the BIOS and made sure it would boot from the USB. Is there a fix for this or did I pay $99 bucks for a dead on arrival...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  7. Black Screen from usb boot

Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  8. Windows 10 Boot USB causes Blue Screen

Windows 10 Boot USB causes Blue Screen: Hi, I have just recently built my first PC, I'm trying to install windows 10 via USB, I created a bootable usb using the windows tool but when i select it as a boot option the Windows logo appears then I get a blue screen either with Recovery or a normal BSOD with a stop...
  9. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen: I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure...
  10. Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot)

Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot): I'm trying to repair Packard Bell laptop with Windows 10 which is not mine (No clue what happened before this problem occurred). So, on boot, the Packard Bell logo and the loading spinner show and then it goes to "Preparing automatic repair" which lasts for 5-10 seconds and...