Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, after I updated my computer to Windows 10 (I had been running Windows 7, changing only due to dropped support), I haven't been getting notices on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sines314, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices

So, after I updated my computer to Windows 10 (I had been running Windows 7, changing only due to dropped support), I haven't been getting notices on my iphone any more from the Trillian instant messaging app. The app icon doesn't even get that little 'unchecked messages' on it. I know Trillian makes sure to not alert your phone when your computer gets the messages, but while it worked fine before, since upgrading to Windows 10, I'm not getting those notices anymore. I'm guessing whatever part of Trillian that determines whether or not I'm at my desktop is not working properly for some reason, most likely a changed setting in Windows, since the upgrade appeared to have not touched any of my programs.

I've looked around at settings on my phone, and PC, and in windows, and don't have anything obvious. I've tried setting my computer to hibernate when I go away for long enough, and that might be what it needed, but I haven't been able to test. What's more, I know that on rare occasions my phone would receive a notice even when I was on my computer, and I'd rather receive the occasional unneeded phone notice than risk missing some while waiting for my computer to hibernate. I THINK I might be getting similar problems regarding Discord notices as well, but I never worried about those too much as I never really needed to check them as they came in.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

submitted by /u/Sines314
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sines314, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices

1. Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices - Similar Threads - upgrade broke Trillian

2. Phone Link - Broke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link - Broke: Phone Link or Companion was working great until 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have it updated to the latest version via MS Stores. When I open it, well it just states "We couldn't link your devices" it asks me to go to www.aka.ms/yourpc. I go there on Edge and I get "Get Ready to...
  3. Phone Link - Broke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link - Broke: Phone Link or Companion was working great until 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have it updated to the latest version via MS Stores. When I open it, well it just states "We couldn't link your devices" it asks me to go to www.aka.ms/yourpc. I go there on Edge and I get "Get Ready to...
  4. Windows update broke upgraded Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update broke upgraded Windows 10.: My daughter turned on her PC this morning and was told it needed to restart to perform a Windows Update. Now it is broken.The PC was originally a Windows 7 PC. Microsoft forced us to upgrade to Windows 10, so we do not have install media with which to try a repair. The hard...
  5. Windows update broke upgraded Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update broke upgraded Windows 10.: My daughter turned on her PC this morning and was told it needed to restart to perform a Windows Update. Now it is broken.The PC was originally a Windows 7 PC. Microsoft forced us to upgrade to Windows 10, so we do not have install media with which to try a repair. The hard...
  6. Windows update broke upgraded Windows 10.

7. Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??: Today received a prompt below in via Update that my PC is eligible for an upgrade to Win 11. My PC is running Win 10 Pro on an IntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz. which isn't a supported Win 11 CPU, it also doesn't meet the Secure Boot or TPM 2.0 requirements.When selecting...
  8. Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??

Erroneous Windows 11 Upgrade Notice??: Today received a prompt below in via Update that my PC is eligible for an upgrade to Win 11. My PC is running Win 10 Pro on an IntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz. which isn't a supported Win 11 CPU, it also doesn't meet the Secure Boot or TPM 2.0 requirements.When selecting...
  9. Microsoft launcher updated broke my phone.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft launcher updated broke my phone.: Microsoft launcher updated & broke my phone. Samsung j5. Microsoft support are all about pc or laptop, they don't care about the destroyed phones the latest update has caused. Customer support just promise to get in touch then dont bother but Microsoft launcher seems to have...
  10. On screen notice to upgrade windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On screen notice to upgrade windows 10: Is this really from Microsoft, i entered upgrade and twice it stopped at 91%. Setting were changed, computer is slow operating Word and Excel wont respond. Cannot access wireless....