Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade bug?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade bug? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I was updating my computer today from Windows 7 to 10 pro via media creation tool and I ran into a wall with remote server admin tools. It would let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mrgeek05, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Mrgeek05 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade bug?

So I was updating my computer today from Windows 7 to 10 pro via media creation tool and I ran into a wall with remote server admin tools. It would let me install it and everything I made sure the feature was fully turned on and it was. But when I went go open AD the very basic features were only showing along with the advanced features checked. Could the upgrade I did mess up something in the registry and not allow the features to show? I was in all the right groups and all. Please let me know what you think.

Work around I found was re-issue to win 7, installed win 7 admin tools to make sure that worked and it did. Upgraded again to win 10 and installed admin tools again and it worked.

Thanks for stopping by and reading all this.

:)

Mrgeek05, Nov 1, 2016

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Nov 1, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

Windows 10 upgrade bug?

What do you mean you are "Updating your PC from 7 to 10" ?

Are you saying you are doing a clean install of 10 ?

AddRAM, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade bug?

1. Windows 10 upgrade bug? - Similar Threads - upgrade bug

2. BUG, After upgraded to Windows 11, I can't take screenshots properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG, After upgraded to Windows 11, I can't take screenshots properly: Hello,I was enjoying very much the taking screenshots with sketch notes clipping in windows 10 app but suddenly after I upgraded my machine to Windows 11, I can't do it again.Can only take ss's of the upper left area of the screen:How do I to revert this issue?Thanks!!...
  3. BUG, After upgraded to Windows 11, I can't take screenshots properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BUG, After upgraded to Windows 11, I can't take screenshots properly: Hello,I was enjoying very much the taking screenshots with sketch notes clipping in windows 10 app but suddenly after I upgraded my machine to Windows 11, I can't do it again.Can only take ss's of the upper left area of the screen:How do I to revert this issue?Thanks!!...
  4. Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade: Hi,I’m having a layout bug on buttons of several windows from different apps : it distorts the text on mouse hover.It’s quite disturbing as I’m losing the ability to read the buttons as soon as the mouse is hovering it it doesn’t come back to normal afterward, unless I...
  5. Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade: Hi,I’m having a layout bug on buttons of several windows from different apps : it distorts the text on mouse hover.It’s quite disturbing as I’m losing the ability to read the buttons as soon as the mouse is hovering it it doesn’t come back to normal afterward, unless I...
  6. Administrator account suddenly enabled, no password needed -- Oct 2020 upgrade bug or was I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator account suddenly enabled, no password needed -- Oct 2020 upgrade bug or was I...: I just noticed that in addition to my regular user account, there appeared a new option to log in as "Administrator" on my login-screen. After clicking on it, it didn't ask for any password (!), and brought me to the setting up windows dialogs ("Choose privacy settings for...
  7. bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    bug report: night light doesn't work after coming back from hibernate since upgraded to...: since upgrading to 20h2 the windows night light function will turn on if the computer has just booted up, but when it comes back from hibernate it won't. you can turn it on and off and it won't function. this is a bigger problem because I tried two other programs that do...
  8. Windows 10 in-place upgrade bug means you can no longer keep your files

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 in-place upgrade bug means you can no longer keep your files: Reinstalling Windows 10 is an easy and most effective way to fix all kinds of problems with the operating system. Microsoft allows you to refresh your Windows 10 installation with the Media Creation Tool (MCT) or the Setup.exe file in Windows 10 ISO. When you do an in-place...
  9. Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Funny bug...upgraded to Win 10 pro for free: I have two laptops, let's call them A and B. A is 3 yrs old and B is 2 yrs old, both came with Windows 10 Home. A couple of days ago, I upgraded them both to Windows 10 2004 version. After that, the start menu on B stopped working common bug, so I tried to rollback the...
  10. Windows 10 2004 trouble users with upgrade block and lingering bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 2004 trouble users with upgrade block and lingering bugs: Microsoft has been throttling the rollout of the May 2020 Update, which first arrived for Windows 10 on May 27. The staged rollout approach allows Microsoft to detect and address critical bugs that might have gone unnoticed during the beta testing period of the Windows 10...