Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.” in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I already other forums how to solve this issue, however, I did downloaded the App RPS and somehow this App wasn`t able to locate or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArthurSchoenardie, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”

Good afternoon,

I already other forums how to solve this issue, however, I did downloaded the App RPS and somehow this App wasn`t able to locate or to modify in some way. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

ArthurSchoenardie, Apr 11, 2021
  2. djlman Win User

Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”

HannesKleine, did you complete the steps that Edison Pus provided in this thread? If you did and that did not fix the problem, then your issue may not be related to this thread which is about a very specific error relating to a specific application mentioned
    in the error itself that is incompatible with the upgrade. In that case, you might try searching for your error code.

Good luck!

djlman, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error: uninstall HP Drive Encryption when upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that while upgrading to Windows 10, you receive an error ‘HP Drive Encryption app needs to be uninstalled.’ I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

Ideally, if the installation is blocked by an app that doesn’t appear in the installed applications list, it is likely that the compatibility checker is detecting a file that is associated with the app. In this case, we will need to delete the file
    to continue the installation.

To find out which file is blocking the installation, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by
    Edison Pus replied on February 9, 2018 from the thread
    Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.”

You may also download run this batch file to automatically perform the steps above:
    https://aka.ms/AppRPS
    (You should be prompted to download a zip file named AppRPS.zip)

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 upgrade fails, Cypress TrackPad app needs to be uninstalled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that while upgrading to Windows 10, you receive an error ‘Cypress TrackPad app needs to be uninstalled.’ I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

Ideally, if the installation is blocked by an app that doesn’t appear in the installed applications list, it is likely that the compatibility checker is detecting a file that is associated with the app. In this case, we will need to delete the file
    to continue the installation.

To find out which file is blocking the installation, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by
    Edison Pus replied on February 9, 2018 from the thread

You may also download run this batch file to automatically perform the steps above:
    https://aka.ms/AppRPS
    (You should be prompted to download a zip file named AppRPS.zip)

However, if you are using
    Dell XPS 15Z L511Z
    , currently, the manufacturer provides drivers up to Windows 8. If we upgrade the computer to Windows 10, you might face some compatibility or performance issues on the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade can’t complete due to error: “Some apps need to be uninstalled.” - Similar Threads - upgrade can’t complete

2. Can’t log in due to error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in due to error: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after a few days I received a message while booting into Windows saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in” “User profile cannot be loaded” so I hit ok and I thought it was done so I continued normal usage for a few days...
  3. Can’t log in due to error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t log in due to error: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after a few days I received a message while booting into Windows saying “The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in” “User profile cannot be loaded” so I hit ok and I thought it was done so I continued normal usage for a few days...
  4. Can’t find Apps to uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t find Apps to uninstall: So I’m trying to clear up space so I can do a factory reset on my laptop and it says I have over 7.5 GB dedicated to Apps and Games. However when I select the option to go uninstall things, the total space of everything listed adds up to a max of 1 GB. So where did the other...
  5. App can’t be found to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    App can’t be found to uninstall: Trying to uninstall amazon music from the laptop. Gone via settings and unstalling app and when i click its saying windows cant find app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-cant-be-found-to-uninstall/7f7064fb-c865-4a67-b85b-c58c0a040e27
  6. Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s why you can’t uninstall some pre-installed apps on Windows 10: Whether you buy a Surface or build your own desktop, your Windows 10 installation will still include several preinstalled apps. Windows 10 ships with a number of apps that users normally aren’t able to uninstall unless they use PowerShell or third-party application that...
  7. I need help uninstalling this app but i can’t because some settings are hidden or managed...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help uninstalling this app but i can’t because some settings are hidden or managed...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DABANANABOSS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzhazz/i_need_help_uninstalling_this_app_but_i_cant/
  8. Need to uninstall some apps from Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need to uninstall some apps from Office 2019: Hey, I have downloaded Office 2019 RTM iso file and when I open the setup it install all instead of showing selection. My use is only Excel and Word and I want to uninstall rest of all but I cant find any option for that on CCleaner! Regards. 120493
  9. Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error

in Windows 10 News
    Some apps need to be uninstalled Windows 10 Update error: [ATTACH] When upgrading to Windows 10, the setup looks for both software, and hardware compatibility, and if you receive an error message which says Some apps need to be uninstalled or You need to uninstall a program in order to continue, you [...] This post Some apps need...
  10. "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Some apps need to be uninstalled" while upgrading.: I tried to upgrade my HP Notebook Core i3 7th Gen 15-BS662TU Laptop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1709 version to latest 1803. When I get partially through the upgrade process, I get the error message, "Some apps need to be uninstalled. We need to uninstall “Diversityx...