Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade causing errors.

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade causing errors. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hardware driver for my all in one Lenovo desktop won't update since the newest windows 10 upgrade, its showing device unknown. I tried to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JULIEBOYCE5, Nov 12, 2018.

1. windows 10 upgrade causing errors.

Hardware driver for my all in one Lenovo desktop won't update since the newest windows 10 upgrade, its showing device unknown. I tried to update directly from lenovo website but I still have unknown device with no compatible drivers available for this device. Anyone else have this issue?

:)

JULIEBOYCE5, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 12, 2018
  4. windows 10 upgrade causing errors.

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade causing errors.

1. windows 10 upgrade causing errors. - Similar Threads - upgrade causing errors

2. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading to win 10 causing problems: Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any attemps to be loosed. I cannot open photos and or videos from my facebook friends any more. I keep getting this message:...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade error: This happens by some of my apps e.g. OneNote, Microsoft Store. When I open them it says that an upgrade is in progress, I need to try to open it later. This always happens everytime for about 3 days now when I want to open OneNote or Microsoft Store and some others. Could...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade error: Trying to do an upgrade from 7 to 10 on a custom PC and keep getting this message. "This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC requires the latest update of setup. Please check your internet connection, restart setup and be sure to choose 'Get updates'". I've checked...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade errors

Windows 10 upgrade errors: I'm trying to update my PC from Windows 7 to 10. I use the media creation tool and the update will proceed roughly half-way before it rolls back and i get the following error message: 0x800707E7 - 0x3000D "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error...
  6. Windows 10 last upgrade caused a problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 last upgrade caused a problem: I get: windows ran into a problem: Stop code: IRQL_not_less or equal Windows upgraded to Build 19587. rs_prerelease. 2001313-1639 need help it crashes...
  7. Error upgrading to Windows 10

Error upgrading to Windows 10: I'm having issues upgrading windows 10 pro from windows 7 using the usb drive that came with windows 10 pro. How do i get past the compatibility error screen? ***Modified title from: upgrading to windows 10***...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Error

Windows 10 Upgrade Error: I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 (pro x64) on a spare laptop of mine a while back. I thought of upgrading it to windows 10 (pro x64). When I try to upgrade everything goes smoothly until the screen where there is a big dial in the center. It goes to about 35% and the...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade causing extension problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade causing extension problem: HELP; Ever since I downloaded the newest upgrade I've been unable to open certain files. I get a message stating there is something wrong with the extension. I unloaded the upgrade and reloaded it but it still shows that same error. I know I'm not a whiz at computers but...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant Causes Crashing: A week or two ago, I saw an icon appear on my desktop labeled "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant". At the same time, I received a windows prompt asking me to upgrade "to the latest version of Windows 10". I had switched to windows 10 64-bit from windows 8.1 64-bit around 9-10...