Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade - computer now completely unusable. Help!

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade - computer now completely unusable. Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My daughter's computer did an update last night and now on boot up it goes into a cycle of Windows Explorer crashing and restarting. It has rendered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShamblesHY, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade - computer now completely unusable. Help!

My daughter's computer did an update last night and now on boot up it goes into a cycle of Windows Explorer crashing and restarting. It has rendered everything unusable. I can't even get into settings to revert back to previous version as explorer just keeps on rebooting and no apps will open. Help! Has anyone got a fix?

:)

ShamblesHY, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade - flickering desktop - completely unusable

I upgraded my HP Pavilion p6 today from windows 7. When the machine restarted it gets to the desktop and just flashes rapidly. It's completely unusable - the windows button doesn't work - nothing.

I tried rebooting with the shift key held down as suggested on one of the threads (to enter 'safe mode' or whatever) and that did nothing; I can't see any way to get into safe mode since nothing at all functions on the desktop.

I'd be grateful for some help, as you've rendered my computer completely unusable.

davidtaylor_965, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - computer now completely unusable. Help!

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade - computer now completely unusable. Help!

1. Windows 10 upgrade - computer now completely unusable. Help! - Similar Threads - upgrade computer completely

2. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  3. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  4. COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10: RAN RESTORE NO GET "USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED", COMPUTER NO LONGER WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-now-unusable-after-restore-windows-10/ee15611f-a6f8-4c58-8ea1-65fea35bd25b
  5. COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10: RAN RESTORE NO GET "USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED", COMPUTER NO LONGER WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-now-unusable-after-restore-windows-10/ee15611f-a6f8-4c58-8ea1-65fea35bd25b
  6. COMPUTER NOW UNUSABLE AFTER RESTORE WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Black screen, flashing taskbar, computer completely unuseable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, flashing taskbar, computer completely unuseable: Hello, today my computer crashed, and now everytime i boot it, i get the issues mentioned in the title. I can't open task manager, i can't even restart in safe mode. The computer is completely useless and I have no idea how to fix it. After the crash, i encountered a boot...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop Almost Completely Unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop Almost Completely Unusable: A few days ago, i logged onto my laptop to find that it was in ‘safe mode’ with a black background and i had no sound and couldn’t use the internet. Every other device in my house has perfect internet. I managed to get the computer out of safe mode by using some tricks of...
  9. completely unusable computer

completely unusable computer: I boot, this is what I get and it stays like this forever, I have made a 16 minute video of this as well This is what considered the fastest OS yet? How? Look at the list, all useless windows services that I have no use for and it just hogs up all my resources thus making...
  10. My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!

My Computer is Unusable. PLEASE HELP!!: NOTE: as I was writing this post ANOTHER BSOD happened *Sad Hi All, I need help. My computer is basically useless now with BSOD every 5-15min constantly. And this all started after I did the dreadful Anniversary Update. In the mist of all the problems I got...