Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just purchased for $139.58 and downloaded windows 10 for my computer and it has crashed it giving me a black screen. I have done everything i can to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertPorter8, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer

I just purchased for $139.58 and downloaded windows 10 for my computer and it has crashed it giving me a black screen. I have done everything i can to try to update drivers and update BIOS. My old OS is gone along with all data because I wanted to start fresh. Now nothing works. It seems like the graphics card isnt compatable and there is no way to upgrade it as it is an all-in-one computer.

If i dont recieve a refund for this purchase I will be switching over to Apple along with a high recommendation of telling all my friends and faimly to do so as well. I now have to throw away my computer and buy a new one... what will a buy next?

:)

RobertPorter8, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 15, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer

1. Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer - Similar Threads - upgrade crashed computer

2. How to upgrade my computer to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade my computer to windows 10: How do I upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-my-computer-to-windows-10/5db48189-723b-4b2b-9265-575c44ca5d2e
  3. How to upgrade my computer to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade my computer to windows 10: How do I upgrade to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-my-computer-to-windows-10/5db48189-723b-4b2b-9265-575c44ca5d2e
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade crashed my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade crashed my laptop: I updated my laptop with the latest Windows 10 Upgrade however for whatever reason the Upgrade corrupted my reasonably new laptop, so that my computer displayed the BSOD. I followed all the instructions to uninstall the upgrade, however it could not be un-installed. I also...
  5. windows 10 update crashed my computer

windows 10 update crashed my computer: my computer crashed from win 10 update, I tried to get fixed myself big mistake I thought I had it fixed so I rebooted it but i needed to reactivate windows ,before i rebooted , so now it is stuck in reboot loop and I don't know what to do. I need help * Moved from...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade crashed

Windows 10 upgrade crashed: Upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 when it was offered. Now windows 10 has crashed and I did not create a recovery disk. how do i reinstall windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-crashed/4b7535f8-95be-4f25-9ed5-1473ef0fd971
  7. Can my computer upgrade to Windows 10?

Can my computer upgrade to Windows 10?: This should be simple, but I am not very good with computers and am trying to figure out if my Toshiba laptop can be upgraded to windows 10. The model number is Satellite C855-S5214. I have looked and I don't think it can, but the list is confusing. Thank you so much for your...
  8. My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade: I've tested the memory for hours (ran for almost a day on multiple occasions) and it always passes. I've tested the SSDs (now on the 2nd one for my OS drive and both test out perfectly), running the latest NVidia drivers and even have messed with a few rollback options. Done...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer. IOS is gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade crashed my computer. IOS is gone.: After upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit), to Windows 10, my computer crashed. There appears to be no IOS at all. My start button doesn't work. I tried alternative suggestions for system recovery when the start button doesn't work. NOTHING works. I don't have...
  10. Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded: Hi, Please guide me to thread or link which provides information as how we can make ISO file or Windows Image file for re-installation in case computer crashes for free upgrade users. Thanks 11191