Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade deadline?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade deadline? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It must be getting close to the 1-year interval for W10 upgrades, and I'm not good with dates. Is it too late? My computer is 5 years old. Here's my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eddiepop, Mar 8, 2016.

1. eddiepop Win User

Windows 10 upgrade deadline?

It must be getting close to the 1-year interval for W10 upgrades, and I'm not good with dates. Is it too late?

My computer is 5 years old. Here's my experience with upgrading to 10: First, I ran the upgrader from Windows 7, and got upgraded with no trouble. There were a few problems, and I decided to back down to 7 and wait for some improvements. The reversal went smoothly, and I was happy with that.

Subsequently I have made a few "clean" installs, one of which was successful and is now residing in a separate partition, and two of which failed with the complaint that my BIOS does not support 10. That's kind of flaky, if you ask me; ASUS told me they are working on an upgrade, but I haven't heard from them lately.

It looks to me like my best strategy right now is to go with the upgrade process again (I really want to preserve my Win 7 stuff, and that happened very well the first time around). I'll wait a day or two to see if there are any wise words in reply to this post, and then go for it.

:)

eddiepop, Mar 8, 2016

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Windows 10 upgrade deadline?

Have you got a BSOD when the error appeared? And what's the size of your C partition? what were the problems you mentioned after upgrading to Win 10? could you please describe it in detail?

teresawang, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Eddie, *Smile

The free upgrade to Windows 10 offer expires at the end of July 2016.

Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Since the OP already upgraded to Windows 10 once, he now has a permanent digital entitlement for Windows 10 that does not expire.

NavyLCDR, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. Thank you for adding that. *Smile

Brink, Mar 8, 2016
  8. eddiepop Win User

That's good news, and I thank you for it. I will have a go at another install, and hopefully it will be permanent.

eddiepop, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade deadline? - Similar Threads - upgrade deadline

2. Windows 11 inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 inplace upgrade: I'm attempting an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using an SCCM Task Sequence. However, during the process, when the Task Sequence restarts the laptop for the first step, it fails at the 'Running action: Partition Disk 0 UEFI' step. The laptop model is an HP...
  3. Windows 11 inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 inplace upgrade: I'm attempting an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using an SCCM Task Sequence. However, during the process, when the Task Sequence restarts the laptop for the first step, it fails at the 'Running action: Partition Disk 0 UEFI' step. The laptop model is an HP...
  4. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  5. software upgrade deadline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software upgrade deadline: A retailer sold me a pc by phone, saying that its store could upgrade my software for no charge. That's not true, it charges $100 for the service. I want to change my Windows 11 machine to Windows 10 pro. How long after activation do I have to upgrade it myself?...
  6. software upgrade deadline

software upgrade deadline: A retailer sold me a pc by phone, saying that its store could upgrade my software for no charge. That's not true, it charges $100 for the service. I want to change my Windows 11 machine to Windows 10 pro. How long after activation do I have to upgrade it myself?...
  7. Meeting the Free Upgrade Deadline

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Meeting the Free Upgrade Deadline: I recently purchased an old PC from a garage sale. I'm always looking for bargains to satisfy my tinkering obsession. I fired it up before I bought it and saw it had Windows 7 Home on it. I brought it home and discovered the reason why they were probably selling it...the...
  8. Dec 31, 2017 Deadline free win 7 to Win 10 upgrade approaching

Dec 31, 2017 Deadline free win 7 to Win 10 upgrade approaching: For all those that were not aware the deadline is soon approaching (December 31, 2017) for the last free upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade for assistive technology users Microsoft: Final Free Windows 10 Upgrade Offer Ends Dec. 31 | News & Opinion...
  9. UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE?

UPGRADE FINISH IF STARTED B4 DEADLINE?: Ok, now that I have my PC1 upgrading (95% installed) but found it takes quite a while. Some say over 24 hours. So I will be starting the PC2 upgrade within 1 hour. If I do, will the upgrade fully complete even after the upgrade time deadline. Anyone know for sure, and that?...
  10. When is the deadline for upgrading from Win7, 8, 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    When is the deadline for upgrading from Win7, 8, 8.1: Hi, i just want to know the deadline for upgrading from Windows 7 or 8. 57249

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 18912 installation upgrade from w1o 18908