Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have just update my pc from Win7 to Win10 and before upgrading i had 2 discs showing, C & D. There was instruction that i had to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyDuke, Oct 13, 2020.

1. TonyDuke Win User

Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition

Hi

I have just update my pc from Win7 to Win10 and before upgrading i had 2 discs showing, C & D.

There was instruction that i had to delete partitions before upgrade.

After upgrading I checked My Computer and only disc C is listed.

I obviously accidentally deleted partition for D drive.

Is it possible to restore what has been deleted without having to purchase any programe to do this

Thanks

Tony

:)

TonyDuke, Oct 13, 2020
  2. okidna Win User

Delete my W10 Partition

Do you want to safely delete your Windows 10 partition and use only Windows 7?

If Yes, then boot to your Windows 7, run msconfig, go to "Boot" tab, you will see something like this :

Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition boot-png.png

Choose "Windows 7" and click "Set as default", then choose "Windows 10" and click "Delete", restart if asked or necessary.
    Now the boot information for Windows 10 has been deleted and you can safely delete your Windows 10 partition (make sure no important files are on the Win10 partition). To delete and extend your partition you can use many partition manager tools.

okidna, Oct 13, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 13, 2020
  4. JodieLThi Win User

Can't delete partitions for clean install of Windows 10

I've tried this and it still doesn't delete the partitions.

JodieLThi, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade deleted partition - Similar Threads - upgrade deleted partition

2. Which Partitions to Delete in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Partitions to Delete in Windows 10: Hi,I recently bought a second hand Dell PC running Windows 10 for a small local charity whose PC had died.. It has a 1TB hard disk, which is split into two large partitions. I would like to alter this into one large partition if possible. My problem is that running Diskpart...
  3. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  4. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  5. Unable to delete a partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a partition in Windows 10: Have tried everything.Computer Management, Command Prompt override thing, deleting Page File for that partition, nothing works.Hoping for suggestions...
  6. Recover Deleted Partition on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover Deleted Partition on Windows 10: Hi every one , Please someone help me to recover my deleted Partition really i need it i mean harddisk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-deleted-partition-on-windows-10/ce11615a-653b-45a4-9bda-282ea17142d4
  7. windows 10 deleting partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 deleting partitions: Which partitions can I safely delete. I want to get rid of constant message pop up "low disc space on recovery D" [img] 76237
  8. Windows 10 deletes partitions

Windows 10 deletes partitions: Hay, i want to ask something. I have windows 10. I installed it recently. Before installing it, i installed 8 other versions of windows (from windows 2000 all versions up to windows 8). All of those 9 windows installations are on the same hard drive. Untill i installed...
  9. Delete recovery partition after upgrade?

Delete recovery partition after upgrade?: I upgraded a HP notebook to Win10 Home from Win 8.1. I would like to remove the OEM recovery partition. The Disk Management console shows the EFI partition, then the system partition (C), then a recovery partition of about 7GB. There is no Delete or resize option available on...
  10. Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10: How to: Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10 How to Delete Volume or Partition in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can delete a volume or partition on a disk, except for a system or boot volume or partition. When you delete a volume or partition on...