Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have reloaded a laptop that was installed with Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home with the intention of upgrading it to Windows 10 Pro. The laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ConorPowell1, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties

I have reloaded a laptop that was installed with Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home with the intention of upgrading it to Windows 10 Pro. The laptop is now showing as not activated. Will I need to install Windows 10 S on the laptops or can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the not activated Windows 10 Home version I am now on?

:)

ConorPowell1, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Difficulties - Similar Threads - Upgrade Difficulties

2. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  3. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  4. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 upgrade difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade difficulty: For the past two days, I was prompted with an option inside the "Windows Update" tab to update to Windows 11. However, when I wanted to proceed with the download and installation of windows 11, the option/prompt was nowhere to be found. Should I wait for the option to appear...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade difficulty

Windows 11 upgrade difficulty: For the past two days, I was prompted with an option inside the "Windows Update" tab to update to Windows 11. However, when I wanted to proceed with the download and installation of windows 11, the option/prompt was nowhere to be found. Should I wait for the option to appear...
  7. Difficulty upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty upgrading to windows 11: I decided to upgrade to windows 11 so I downloaded it and it's been like this for hourssss...any suggestions???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-upgrading-to-windows-11/08e46463-1812-4cc4-85b7-5baff5c9a5f4
  8. Difficulty upgrading to windows 11

Difficulty upgrading to windows 11: I decided to upgrade to windows 11 so I downloaded it and it's been like this for hourssss...any suggestions???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-upgrading-to-windows-11/08e46463-1812-4cc4-85b7-5baff5c9a5f4
  9. Windows 10 upgrade difficulties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 upgrade difficulties: After upgrading my HP laptop to Windows 10, Quicken 2017 completely stopped working. I downloaded the program again from quicken.com, it seemed to install properly, but won't run. When I click the icon a little blue circle appears for an instant, as if it's going to run,...
  10. Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Fonts after Creators Upgrade and difficulty reinstalling them: My Windows 10 Professional Creators upgrade completed yesterday at Version 1703, OS Build 15063.138. This morning I find that something like 5-10% of my fonts are gone. After rabbiting around, it seems that MS has nuked the fonts that came with Corel Draw (x5). I've found...