Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!)

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once again I have received an update for windows 10. And again, the update failed to install, it then failed to revert back to my previous version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Russ One, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Russ One Win User

Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!)

Once again I have received an update for windows 10.

And again, the update failed to install, it then failed to revert back to my previous version. So now I have to try and re-install Windows 10 and will lose all the data/info on my PC.

How can a large company be allowed to issue an update that can do so much damage without penalty?

Has anybody got any ideas how I can get my PC back up and running before I have to do a clean install?

Thanks

:)

Russ One, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!) - Similar Threads - upgrade disaster Again

2. Windows Update Disaster Again Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Disaster Again Help: Despite what has been paid to MS, Windows has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in lost work and put me out of business thrice! Windows forced updates not only does it shut down the computers, at inopportune times, it wipes out the secured data! Months and Months of Work!...
  3. Windows Update Disaster Again Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Disaster Again Help: Despite what has been paid to MS, Windows has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in lost work and put me out of business thrice! Windows forced updates not only does it shut down the computers, at inopportune times, it wipes out the secured data! Months and Months of Work!...
  4. Windows 10 Disaster Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Disaster Recovery: Let's say I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have a recent System Image backup plus some File History backups offsite. Sounds good. I have a lot of "App" games that use only local storage for game save data. Then there is a fire, and my computer is destroyed. I buy an new...
  5. Major disaster after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major disaster after Windows 10 Upgrade: Here is what happened. I just upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro to 10 today, keeping all my pre-installed applications. Very long process probably because it wasn't an install on a virgin drive, but an upgrade to 10, but it worked. Then I tried to run Outlook 2010, and...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed .. it's a disaster

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed .. it's a disaster: Have a year plus old Dell XPS 27 all in one. Shipped with Windows 10 Home. After the many frustrations with Windows updates causing hours of lost time, broken system, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Went to store and bought the upgrade. System did the download,...
  7. Windows 10 update disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disaster: After the last Windows 10 update my HP Elite goes to blue screen for Automatic Repair, cannot repair and starts over again. Option to go to desktop just goes to Automatic repair and loops again....
  8. Upgrade Disasters

Upgrade Disasters: What is the best way to protect ourselves from Microsoft release of corrupt updates. When 1809 came out I was still suffering the same problems I had with 1803 and earlier with networking sharing which was totally changed since April. I could no longer access the drives on...
  9. Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi I attempted to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night and when I got up this morning my laptop is stuck on a DOS window with a message that the operating system cannot be found. *Sad Any advice? [img] 56987
  10. 8.1 upgrade to 10 a disaster so far

8.1 upgrade to 10 a disaster so far: Started the upgrade about 10AM, all went well till near the final reboot to the login screen. Display froze though mouse still worked. [img] Let it sit for 45 minutes then dropped power and powered up. Went through same end of install then same hang. Dropped it...