Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!)

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once again I have received an update for windows 10. And again, the update failed to install, it then failed to revert back to my previous version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Russ One, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:52 PM.

1. Russ One Win User

Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!)

Once again I have received an update for windows 10.

And again, the update failed to install, it then failed to revert back to my previous version. So now I have to try and re-install Windows 10 and will lose all the data/info on my PC.

How can a large company be allowed to issue an update that can do so much damage without penalty?

Has anybody got any ideas how I can get my PC back up and running before I have to do a clean install?

Thanks

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade disaster (Again!!!) - Similar Threads - upgrade disaster Again

2. Windows 10 upgrade 1809 disaster: version 10.0.17763.1 NO SOLUTION OFFERED by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade 1809 disaster: version 10.0.17763.1 NO SOLUTION OFFERED by Microsoft: i have for the past 5 days experienced black screen of death due apparently to being part of the Windows Insider uograde issue. I did what was apparently sensible. Booting to safe mode worked. System repair did not. Restoring a system restore point from 29/9 has my system in...
  3. windows 365 is a disaster

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 365 is a disaster: After 3 hour plus sessions with ATT elevated support ($50) and 3 hour plus sessions with Microsoft elevated support, my outlook email account still will not send/receive and connect with the server. Every time the support team sets up a new outlook account and it works for 3...
  4. Classic Start Installation Disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic Start Installation Disaster: Using Total Uninstall, I removed Classic Shell, and then started installing Classic Start. The install seemed rather odd, with constant flashing of the desktop, for example. When it finished, it said that I needed to restart the computer, which I did, and is when I...
  5. Win 10 upgrade fail again and again and again 0X80070017

Win 10 upgrade fail again and again and again 0X80070017: I have error code 0X80070017. The upgrade assistant said to contact support so here I am - I hope. I did think that Microsoft Support would have a online help, but there was only a series of topics, none with that error code. Can anyone please help. Or if not at least...
  6. ntkrnlmp.exe bsod windows 10 (again & again & again & again)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntkrnlmp.exe bsod windows 10 (again & again & again & again): Hello everyone, I keep on getting bsod's due to ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. This is the analysis carried out by WhoCrashed. Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. On Wed 09/12/2015 08:51:58 GMT your computer...
  7. Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi I attempted to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night and when I got up this morning my laptop is stuck on a DOS window with a message that the operating system cannot be found. *Sad Any advice? [img] 56987
  8. Upgrade win 10 again

Upgrade win 10 again: Hello, Recently made another try to upgrade my system with upgrade assistant, the download was slow but finished, then started the update, suddenly stopped and got this "Something went wrongerror 0x80070652", ran ant troubleshooter but it could not find anything. Previously...
  9. 8.1 upgrade to 10 a disaster so far

8.1 upgrade to 10 a disaster so far: Started the upgrade about 10AM, all went well till near the final reboot to the login screen. Display froze though mouse still worked. [img] Let it sit for 45 minutes then dropped power and powered up. Went through same end of install then same hang. Dropped it...
  10. BootMGR disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    BootMGR disaster: I started my PC this morning and was greeted with a BootMGR missing error, i followed a few things online including going into the CMD and entering the following codes; bootrec /RebuildBcd bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot They didn't work so i've decided it would be...