Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,I currently want to upgrade a desktop pc running Windows 7 32 Bit to Windows 10 using the upgrade assistant. But the upgrade failed with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R0bse, Aug 2, 2021.

1. R0bse Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

Hi all,I currently want to upgrade a desktop pc running Windows 7 32 Bit to Windows 10 using the upgrade assistant. But the upgrade failed with the following error:0xC1900101 - 0x30018 failed in FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation.I have uploaded some log files here:https://secufiles.com/7ozc/Logs.zipDo you need some more information about the system?

:)

R0bse, Aug 2, 2021

2. W10 Upgrade fails with 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 in FIRST_BOOT with error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

Hi Microsoft and totally not liable supporters,

since a long time my W10 Upgrade fails starting with 1903.

I checked many forums and tried many things like e.g. deactivation of non-Microsoft services, only mouse and keyboard attached, de-installation of a lot of old software, update of drivers, checkdisc etc. - but all fails.

Currently i try desperately to upgrade via MediaCreationTool1909.exe, but no change in the result:

"We couldn't install Windows 10

We've set your PC back to the way it was right before started installing Windows 10.

0xC1900101 - 0x30018 failed in FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation."

Here my log files:

https://secufiles.com/6umf/W10_UPGRADE__18-03-2020_2.zip

After off-line removal of AMD driver with DDU and automatic re-install of driver by Windows:

https://secufiles.com/ngZ4/W10_UPGRADE__19-03-2020.zip

Any idea or hint of why the upgrade fails would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

UlrichLittmann, Aug 2, 2021
  3. How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide

The in place upgrade for windows 10 failed with the error code 0x C1900101-0x-30018. Failed on first_boot with an error during SysPrep_Specialize operation. It also told me it could not install windows 10 on this hardware, which would be in error as windows10
    has been installed on the pc for 10 Years. It is only this upgrade to 1903 that has caused a problem.

RodCarpenter, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE - Similar Threads - Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT

2. Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE: Hi, I'm currently running Windows 10 version 1809. I want to upgrade my laptop to the latest version however whenever I do so came across this error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation. My...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE: Hi, I'm currently running Windows 10 version 1809. I want to upgrade my laptop to the latest version however whenever I do so came across this error 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation. My...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade failed FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Upgrade failed at FIRST_BOOT at SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE in Windows 11 21h2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Upgrade failed at FIRST_BOOT at SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE in Windows 11 21h2...: I tried upgrade my lenovo loptop from Windows 11 21h2 to 22h2 using iso file I tried twice I disabled all .net frameworks and uninstall my third party antivirus bitdefender total security and every time I get this error at second restartAlso I realise I don't have access to...
  6. 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Upgrade failed at FIRST_BOOT at SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE in Windows 11 21h2...

0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Upgrade failed at FIRST_BOOT at SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE in Windows 11 21h2...: I tried upgrade my lenovo loptop from Windows 11 21h2 to 22h2 using iso file I tried twice I disabled all .net frameworks and uninstall my third party antivirus bitdefender total security and every time I get this error at second restartAlso I realise I don't have access to...
  7. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...

The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...: Hello !It's been 4 times that I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on my computer. All tries never worked, and I don't really know what to do. My laptop is a DELL Inspiron 3721. I already tried to do all things that Microsoft asked me to do like unplug all useless mice, headset...
  8. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...

The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE...: Hello !It's been 4 times that I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 on my computer. All tries never worked, and I don't really know what to do. My laptop is a DELL Inspiron 3721. I already tried to do all things that Microsoft asked me to do like unplug all useless mice, headset...
  9. W10 Upgrade fails with 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 in FIRST_BOOT with error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE

W10 Upgrade fails with 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 in FIRST_BOOT with error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE: Hi Microsoft and totally not liable supporters, since a long time my W10 Upgrade fails starting with 1903. I checked many forums and tried many things like e.g. deactivation of non-Microsoft services, only mouse and keyboard attached, de-installation of a lot of old...
  10. the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize...

the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize...: Hi, I am trying to update windows 10 1803 to 1909, after a lot of attemps the update process fail with the error: " 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 - the installation failed in the first_boot phase with an error during sysprep_specialize operation" I tried with windows update and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 first_boot sysprep_specialize error

2. windows 7 to windows 10 fail sysprep