Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade failed on laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade failed on laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I convinced my friend to upgrade to windows 10 on his laptop and it failed leaving it screwed. The laptop is based on a Clevo W350ET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrisred, Dec 23, 2015.

1. chrisred Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade failed on laptop

Hi guys, I convinced my friend to upgrade to windows 10 on his laptop and it failed leaving it screwed.

The laptop is based on a Clevo W350ET chassis.

When you turn it on it goes to a screen saying 'Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired, A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed, Error code 0xc000000f'.

Any options like revert to a previous built, system restore or whatever do not work.

Any chance of saving the current install or will I have to reinstall everything? My friend has old programs he is concerned he cannot get anymore.

:)

chrisred, Dec 23, 2015
  2. JPangles Win User

Window 10 upgrade install on replacement laptop

Bought new laptop and upgraded from Windows 10 Home to 10 Pro. During the next install of Office Business 2016, the keyboard failed. Laptop seller exchanged laptop with new one. Do I have to pay again for the upgrade on the new computer?

JPangles, Dec 23, 2015
  3. Forzen HDD in BIOS MODE

Hi There

Windows 10 upgrade app failed to upgrade my laptop and can't access anything on my Samsung laptop.

In the bios mode the HDD seems to be frozen.

is there a fix for this problem.

Thanks

Deva

DevaSelvaraj, Dec 23, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  5. chrisred Win User
    As this machine had win7 on will I need to install in 7 then upgrade to 10 to activate it properly?

chrisred, Dec 23, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    No, It is not necessary.
    Assuming your Win 7 is a genuine copy and has already been activated, Win 10 will be activated automatically after install is completed.

You have one problem.
    Do I understand that you are not able to login to the computer?
    If that is the case, I am afraid a Clean Install is in order which will not be able to keep the old programs you mentioned.
    You will need to use another computer to download Windows 10 ISO > burn it to a bootable DVD or USB and then take the bootable media to the computer in question.
    Then you will need to access the Boot Order ( one of your F keys. Usually it is F12, or 2, or 10 )> change the boot sequence to CD/DVD or USB > insert the bootable media > restart the computer > Installation will begin.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade failed on laptop - Similar Threads - Upgrade failed laptop

2. Failed to upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to upgrade Windows 10: Hi, I have had upgraded my PC several times but still failed. It just rechecking for updates when it's almost 100% getting updated. PC model: Asus Tp500ln Your help is needed and really appreciate it!...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Failed

Windows 10 Upgrade Failed: I have tried to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I have paid for the upgrade but I get this error message when I try to install the upgrade[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-failed/59f5b6b6-bde2-4134-b1f3-faefaa5e0a3b
  4. Windows 10 upgrade failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade failing: I keep getting the bsod on the first restart of upgrading windows 8.1 to win 10. When I start windows back up again after it says: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during BOOT operation. Then it takes me back to windows 8.1. I've...
  5. window 10 upgrade fails

window 10 upgrade fails: hi, my lap top has wind 7 upgraded to window 10 has now version 1709 , however the upgrade 1803 is not getting installed as it fails during updating at 75 % level. I tried to down load from Microsoft site after creating media tool , this is version is 1903 as their is no...
  6. Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.

Failing to Upgrade Windows 10.: Hi, I have been trying to upgrade windows 10 (1703) to 1803 for a while now and nothing seem to be working. I have tried the .iso file, windows media creation tool, troubleshooter, removed downloads from Software Distribution, tried updating while offline. I tried a...
  7. My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10: When reainstalling the windows with USB to keep my files (media creation tool) it shows me this window:[IMG] Can someone tell me how to fix it? Also i cant start my laptop, i literally cant go to desktop. Is there any other way to fix it? I had that problem with blank...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade fails

Windows 10 upgrade fails: I have been having this issue for a while now. When Windows 10 tries to upgrade it get an error stating that it is unable to update the system reserve partition. From what I have read so far, I'm suppose to down load a partition manager and increase the system partition. I...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade fail

Windows 10 upgrade fail: I tried to do a windows update to Windows 10, version 1803 and failed 4 times spending hours while it installed and died just before 85%. Now trying another route and down loaded Windows10Upgrade9252.exe. When I ran it it fails to start giving me the message-"Can't find the...
  10. Windows 10 fails to upgrade.

Windows 10 fails to upgrade.: Have followed instructions & downloaded upgrade only to find every time it gets to 32% it fails & will not go any further, have done this four times outcome always the same can someone help I have 74gb of hard drive free so there should be enough to accommodate the upgrade....