Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran the Windows 10 upgrade and all appeared to be normal. On the final restart the laptop would not complete a normal boot. Got a black screen with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WRoyer, Dec 24, 2019.

1. WRoyer Win User

Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message

I ran the Windows 10 upgrade and all appeared to be normal. On the final restart the laptop would not complete a normal boot. Got a black screen with a flashing cursor in upper left corner. I had done a recovery manager backup prior to install win 7 home premium so I attempted to format and recover original loaded software. Again, appeared to work and win 7 booted fine. As I went through running microsoft update to win 7 after much work reinstalling print drivers, programs etc went to restart as required and what do you know, Black screen with flashing cursor. Have tried this twice. What is my next move? Feeling lost here.

:)

WRoyer, Dec 24, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 24, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message - Similar Threads - upgrade failed error

2. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  3. Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Win11ProforWorkstation w/o Going Through Upgrade AGAIN: Bought Workstation laptop/ships with Windows10Home. Upgraded to Windows11ProforWorkstation $$$. Kept up-to-date with ALL Microsoft updates.Now 2.5 years later and I need to refresh the laptop.How to force the refresh to refresh to Win11ProforWorkstations at the latest...
  4. Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is s ... l ... o ... w ...: I use my Windows 7 computer whenever possible, ie, not at work.To wait 15 minutes for the Windows 7 disk to grind thru files whenever I power on or wake from sleep is ridiculous.Looking at Linux and Mac....
  5. Windows 10 activation w/o internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation w/o internet: How do I activate win 10 without internet. Is there a phone number? I have the product key. Bought the PC from someone else, had to reset it. Don't have internet available. Thanks!...
  6. open w/o windows tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    open w/o windows tiles: HP laptop had the classic w7 icons but switched to tiles. I forgot how to get the classic back. I know its simple but I forgot how I did it. Help! 162382
  7. Get Windows 10 back w/o key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get Windows 10 back w/o key?: Hi! I have a laptop that came with a Win10 license. Recently I have been trying different Linux distributions but I didn't like any of them and would like now to go back to Windows. Can I do it without a key? The Windows Sticker on the bottom doesn't have the key like they...
  8. Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data": I have windows 7 64 bit pro. I have posted this with the EXACT error message but there are trolls who don't help just have nothing to do but harass. All I want to know is if someone else had that, if so, how did you overcome that? I am going to try again tonight. This...
  9. Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account

Install Windows 10 w/o Microsoft account: Hello: When setting up any PC, I set it up using a local account instead of using the other options e-mail, phone, Skype, etc.. I have a new PC with Windows 10 on it. I booted it up and selected my normal options including connecting to a local wifi network. Then I got...
  10. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...