Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; eMachines with W764: Downloaded with Media Creation the 1809 build for W10 and won't load due to 'incompatible' wifi card. How so? I'm on Ethernet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FlyLow, Apr 17, 2019.

1. FlyLow Win User

Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet?

eMachines with W764: Downloaded with Media Creation the 1809 build for W10 and won't load due to 'incompatible' wifi card. How so? I'm on Ethernet. Otherwise all systems check the compatibility for W10.

Solution? Work-around?

Thanks!

:)

FlyLow, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 17, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

have u tried installing chipset driver and than the ethernet driver.

bcs Windows 7 might have a driver for wireless/wifi card but not always the ethernet driver.

puma99dk|, Apr 17, 2019
  4. rez001 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet?

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet? install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet? pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet? select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet? Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade fails due to wifi card not satisfactory, though I'm on ethernet? - Similar Threads - upgrade fails due

2. Was this a satisfactory scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was this a satisfactory scan?: I ran windows defender offline scan. It reached 93% then a brief empty blue screen followed by a reboot. I am concerned that the progress never reached higher percentages....
  3. Was this a satisfactory scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Was this a satisfactory scan?: I ran windows defender offline scan. It reached 93% then a brief empty blue screen followed by a reboot. I am concerned that the progress never reached higher percentages....
  4. Was this a satisfactory scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  6. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  7. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug

Ethernet *no internet* showing in wifi tab, even though nothing is in ethernet plug: [ATTACH] I click on to it on settings, and it the tab is closed immediately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-no-internet-showing-in-wifi-tab-even/73f0c5be-c580-4aa8-911d-2b3c82ea4a8b
  9. New pc timing out even though I'm on ethernet

New pc timing out even though I'm on ethernet: So I'm having a issue with my new pc and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. The issue that I'm having is something to do with the ethernet connection to the pc I have tried to reset my router multiple times, I have bought a new ethernet cable, I've checked my...
  10. Ethernet slower than WIFI (I'm desperate)

Ethernet slower than WIFI (I'm desperate): I have contracted a plan of 50 megabytes and it was always wonderful until a few days that out of nowhere I started receiving only 6 megabytes, by cable. With the other devices over WIFI I am doing excellent and I enjoy the adequate speed. I clarify that I did not touch any...