Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, ive tried upgrading through windows update - installation got to 100% then it rebooted back to 8.1 .... Ive used the ISO creator and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vinylpusher, Jul 31, 2015.

1. windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem

Hello,

ive tried upgrading through windows update - installation got to 100% then it rebooted back to 8.1 ....

Ive used the ISO creator and tried to upgrade - gets to 100% then says "installation failed"...

Ive disabled my nvidia video card - uninstalled antivirus - turned off firewall and still get "installation failed"

Ive tried changing the language settings to US and setting timezone ahead and still the same thing...

Can anyone suggest anything else? i do not know what the error is as it wont tell me.

My laptop has over 500gb of free space and its an i7 with 8gb ram.

Please help if you can......

:)

vinylpusher, Jul 31, 2015

2. Reinstalled Windows 10 - lost Pro upgrade from 8.1 Pro Pack

I purchased a Windows 8.1 Pro Pack upgrade in 2014 from Amazon to upgrade my Windows 8.1 Home machine to Windows Pro. I changed the key and the OS was upgrade from 8.1 Home to 8.1 Pro without a problem. I then upgraded to Windows 10 last year and it successfully
    upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

Due to some driver issues, I was forced to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch on my PC, which I did from an ISO downloaded from Microsoft. I didn't enter a product key and it was automatically activated. The problem is that I no longer have Windows 10 Pro
    but Windows 10 Home. I tried entering in my Windows 8.1 Pro key from my Amazon software library, and it says that it is the wrong version.

According to the Windows 10 upgrade matrix, a Windows 8.1 Pro machine can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. How do I get this to work? I don't want to reinstall Windows 8.1 on my machine. Wasn't the license upgraded behind the scenes?

northerntao, Jul 31, 2015
  3. aaalare2 Win User
    Windows update log Error 0x80004005

I have the same problem on My Desktop which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Update was not a problem on Laptop upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. The error continues to occur on Windows 10.1Pro. Need a fix.

aaalare2, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem

1. windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 Problem - Similar Threads - upgrade Problem

2. Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.: I have 3 sons who have 3 windows 10 machines. They run their machines on local accounts only as they do not like having to ask me to authenticate their sign in every time. However I linked these machines to my ms account & remained linked despite running local accounts, which...
  3. Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.: I have 3 sons who have 3 windows 10 machines. They run their machines on local accounts only as they do not like having to ask me to authenticate their sign in every time. However I linked these machines to my ms account & remained linked despite running local accounts, which...
  4. upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade problem: i own a pc with windows 10 i have all specs to upgrade to windows 11 but while windows update i clicked on stay on windows 10 i need a way to upgrade to windows 11 without losing data in windows 10...
  5. upgrade problem

upgrade problem: i own a pc with windows 10 i have all specs to upgrade to windows 11 but while windows update i clicked on stay on windows 10 i need a way to upgrade to windows 11 without losing data in windows 10...
  6. upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  8. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  9. Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise: HiOne of my friends ran into a problem when she tried to upgrade her Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 EnterpriseAccording to the upgrading tool her CPU, memory and disk space were all ok, but...Her regarding her operating system for the upgrade to windows...
  10. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...