Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Late father in law computer, i did not know logon or password it had windows 8 home i purchased upgrade to winpro10 still has his microsfot name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rincollc, Feb 4, 2021.

1. rincollc Win User

windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law

Late father in law computer, i did not know logon or password
    it had windows 8 home i purchased upgrade to winpro10
    still has his microsfot name listed as owner of software from 2004
    this does not allow me to use rdt
    how to change software owner ship to my name?
    Version 2004 (os build 19041.746

:)

rincollc, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Paulieg Win User
    [WTB][US]   parts for father in laws best & last PC

Sorry to hear about your father in law. My step father died of lung/brain cancer 3 years ago, so I feel for you. I have a bunch of case fans lying around if you need them, and I'll see what else I have. Anything that I have is yours for the cost of shipping.

Paulieg, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law - Similar Threads - upgrade 8home did

2. Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.: Hello, Decided to start using my father's laptop and had the password so everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it decided it only wants a PIN that I don't have. Is there a way to just reinstall a fresh Windows install or just use the password?Thanks!...
  3. Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.: Hello, Decided to start using my father's laptop and had the password so everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it decided it only wants a PIN that I don't have. Is there a way to just reinstall a fresh Windows install or just use the password?Thanks!...
  4. Can't login with Pin, my father in law can't remember any of his secutity questions. pin...

Can't login with Pin, my father in law can't remember any of his secutity questions. pin...: He knows the PIN but sign in via PIN isn't reponding and he doesn't remember his password or security question answers as he's always logged in via PIN.Any ideas on how to rest the PIN?...
  5. Can't login with Pin, my father in law can't remember any of his secutity questions. pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login with Pin, my father in law can't remember any of his secutity questions. pin...: He knows the PIN but sign in via PIN isn't reponding and he doesn't remember his password or security question answers as he's always logged in via PIN.Any ideas on how to rest the PIN?...
  6. My father's Compaq Presario C700 did not turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My father's Compaq Presario C700 did not turn on: Hi. I am Shashwat Mishra here. I have some issues about my father's old computer Compaq Presario C700 that runs Windows 7 professional. Then I tried to turn on the computer, then it boots automatically, and then shuts down. What to do next???...
  7. My father's Compaq Presario C700 did not turn on

My father's Compaq Presario C700 did not turn on: Hi. I am Shashwat Mishra here. I have some issues about my father's old computer Compaq Presario C700 that runs Windows 7 professional. Then I tried to turn on the computer, then it boots automatically, and then shuts down. What to do next???...
  8. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  9. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  10. I need to delete my late fathers account