Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok, I wonder if anyone can help! I just tried to upgrade by Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Professional via the Windows Store. The transaction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GaryWeller, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?

Ok, I wonder if anyone can help! I just tried to upgrade by Windows 10 Home edition to Windows 10 Professional via the Windows Store. The transaction went through OK and I have a bill from MS confirming the purchase of Windows 10 Pro. However Windows 10 Enterprise now appears to be installed on my laptop and I keep getting prompted to activate windows. When I try to do this, the activation fails with the error code OxC004C003. Troubleshooting the activation also doesn't help either, so I am stuck. I presume I could roll back to the original install of Windows Home using Reset This PC, bu

:)

GaryWeller, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Klm17 Win User

I have windows 7 professional enterprise will my upgrade be windows 10 professional enterprise?

I have windows 7 professional enterprise, if I take the free windows 10 upgrade will my upgrade be windows 10 professional enterprise

Klm17, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Upgrading windows 10 Home to windows 10 Education or Professional or Enterprise

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store > click the $99 button to purchase the Windows 10 Pro upgrade.

Follow the on screen instructions, your system will be upgraded within 5 to 10 minutes, personal files, apps and settings preserved.

If you don't want to purchase the upgrade, then as suggested, the Windows 10 Enterprise 3 month trial might be a better option. You could download it then setup a dual boot with your Windows 10 Home installation.

If you have a product key for Professional already, you can enter it to upgrade. Learn how:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?

Free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Enterprise

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. Can I downgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 7 Professional and then further upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional for free? I have valid Windows
    7 Professional keys with me.

In the whole process of downgrading and upgrading, I want to retain all Windows settings and personal user file.

Please suggest!!

If it is possible, please suggest the ways I can accomplish it.

Thanks in adv.

SapanManjhi, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why?

1. Windows 10 upgrade from Home to Professional, but Enterprise installed instead. Why? - Similar Threads - upgrade Home Professional

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead: I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?...
  3. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  4. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition: Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it decided to switch to enterprise....
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Home error

Upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Home error: Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language. I purchased a new Windows 10 Professional Product Key to upgrade it. I followed the steps to change product key, but still i can't upgrade my edition of windows. Please help me. Thanks in...