Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i recently upgraded my windows 10 home license to pro by purchasing an upgrade license through the microsoft store. it initially worked but my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by _Default User, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license?

i recently upgraded my windows 10 home license to pro by purchasing an upgrade license through the microsoft store. it initially worked but my windows 10 OS reported it was using "windows 10 enterprise". I thought it was a weird mis-type or something and logged off. I logged on to the computer the next day and it says "your license is not genuine".

I tried rebooting the PC and running the troubleshooter, the troubleshooter failed and rebooting had no effect. I am not sure what else to do besides resetting the PC and I am not interested in going that route right now. Has anyone else had this issue with upgrades from the Microsoft store?

:)

_Default User, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

KB3035583: Microsoft's Windows 10 upgrade "nagware" update

"With Windows 10, although non-Genuine PCs may be able to upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade will not change the genuine state of the license. Non-Genuine Windows is not published by Microsoft. It is not properly licensed, or supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner. If a device was considered non-genuine or mislicensed prior to the upgrade, that device will continue to be considered non-genuine or mislicensed after the upgrade."

The problem is we don't know what that means in practice. My personal guess is that it'll be the same as it is now: provide a legit key or you can only use the system for xx days. What is sure is that it won't be a legit installation. Release is still some time away though, things can change.

Frick, Apr 18, 2021
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Apr 18, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license?

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license?

1. Windows 10 upgrade from Microsoft store results in non genuine license? - Similar Threads - upgrade Microsoft store

2. Non-genuine Win 7 - bought a license for Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Non-genuine Win 7 - bought a license for Win 10: My friend assembled a computer for me with a non-genuine Windows 7 with my knowledge, I admit, but I was hoping to go legit and bought a license for Windows 10.Unfortunately, I didn't know I couldn't just upgrade from my current pirated copy, and so I have an installer for...
  3. Non-genuine Win 7 - bought a license for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-genuine Win 7 - bought a license for Win 10: My friend assembled a computer for me with a non-genuine Windows 7 with my knowledge, I admit, but I was hoping to go legit and bought a license for Windows 10.Unfortunately, I didn't know I couldn't just upgrade from my current pirated copy, and so I have an installer for...
  4. Non-genuine Win 7 - bought a license for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  6. Non-Genuine Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Genuine Windows: I had windows 10 pro but my computer was messing up so I factory reset, somehow I have a non genuine copy of windows 10 enterprise after resetting when before I had pro?...
  7. Non-Genuine Windows

8. Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-genuine to genuine Windows 10 still says non-genuine copy: I bought a non-genuine copy of Windows 10 but then had problems with it so I bought a genuine version but I can't change the product key from the non-genuine to the newly bought genuine copy. I tried uninstalling the non-genuine product key by "slmgr -upk" in command prompt...
  9. Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from non-genuine windows to genuine windows: so I have non-genuine windows if I upgrade to genuine windows will I keep all my old files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-non-genuine-windows-to-genuine/c39c0ba5-d93b-44cc-898e-63e683dcb99c
  10. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade License Code From Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade License Code From Microsoft Store: I purchased the windows 10 home to pro upgrade yesterday from the Microsoft store, and my license will not activate. The code I see is 0xC004F025. I am connected to the internet, I am logged in as an administrator, and my email is there showing the association to my Microsoft...