Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed. How do I re-try?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed. How do I re-try? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have Windows 7 Home. Attempt upgrade to Windows 10 failed. Ended up with just a dark blue screen. Had to force shut down. It is now restored back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RSb63, Jan 7, 2020.

1. RSb63 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed. How do I re-try?

Have Windows 7 Home. Attempt upgrade to Windows 10 failed. Ended up with just a dark blue screen. Had to force shut down. It is now restored back to Windows 7. How do I re-try?

:)

RSb63, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 failed. How do I re-try? - Similar Threads - upgrade failed try

2. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  3. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?: When I try to run ISO or USB, it says take out cd and restart then put in the windows 10 cd or usb file. I can't find a legit windows 7 or 8 file to start from there. Also I have a SSD drive I was using, and it suddenly went blank, then another disk drive did the same thing,...
  4. how do I upgrade from windows 7 to 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.

windows 10 from 7 upgrade failed.: i'm trying to upgrade two computers for a friend. she has a lot of crap installed and has bad eyesight so doesn't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling it all, so i am upgrading them for her. we did the desktop, an older dell but the laptop, an xps l702x failed. i...
  6. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Hello everyone,, I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated...
  7. Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: I was doing the upgrade on a Win7Ult 64-bit desktop earlier today, and reached the point where I confirmed deletion of MSE and then the Windows 10 Pro installation screen began incrementing slowly -- until it crashed with a small window that simply stated "The installation...
  8. Failed upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Failed upgrade from windows 7 to 10: We couldn’t install Windows 10. We’ve set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation I have the saved file if you require....
  9. re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10

re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10: Please can anyone advise me , a single home user of a Dell Laptop that has had Windows 7 installed from new. As we know Windows 7 is coming to an end. I have seen and downloaded the free media Creation Tool 1909 . It appears to allow installation of a free installation of...
  10. upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts

upgrade from windows 7 to 10 re accounts: My second computer is a Win 7 machine . Windows 10 upgrade is ready to install. I have several questions: a) Will windows 10 upgrade remember that I have a local account or I have to start from scratch ? b) If I choose a local account , would windows 10 remember my...