Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A technician downloaded the upgrade to Windows 10 before I had purchased it. A paid for the upgrade an received a product key code for activation. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thelma LStopp, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:37 AM.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7

A technician downloaded the upgrade to Windows 10 before I had purchased it. A paid for the upgrade an received a product key code for activation. It doesn't work on the downloaded upgrade. What did I do wrong?

:)

Thelma LStopp, Jun 13, 2019 at 12:37 AM
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7

1. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I still upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?: My wife no longer uses her Win 8.1 notebook and I'm wondering if I can update it to Windows 10 for free? And if yes, how do I go about it? Thank you. 134852
  3. Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...

Another Newby with a SSD to SSD upgrade problem...: So, yes, I am a newby here, and know just enough to be dangerous... So please flame me gently! I have an HP laptop with 128gb SSD and 1tb hdd. OS lives on the SSD, which is too small. So I am trying to upgrade the SSD to 1tb. I cloned the existing SSD to my new 1tb SSD via...
  4. Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Regarding using a winodws 10 professional license key for upgradation: Dear All, So I recently bought a new Lenovo Laptop and it came with Windows 10 Home (x64) pre-installed. In my old laptop, I had Windows 10 Home which I had upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Since I wanted Windows 10 Home to be upgraded to Windows 10 Professional in my...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade to version 1903 failed 0x80240034 error

Windows 10 upgrade to version 1903 failed 0x80240034 error: Hi, I downloaded the upgrade to version 1903 and it failed with an error 0x80240034. I read somewhere I should use Media creator to make this work. Will this affect my existing programs and data, doing the upgrade this way, and since the system was pre-loaded with...
  6. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7: Upgrade continually failing. Message received 'WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000' Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-10-from-windows-7/d38a1f64-8883-40b3-9738-fafb3e40b3c0
  7. Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone microphone no longer recognized after upgrading windows to 17134: When I plug-in headphones into the front panel jack of my PC - only the speakers are switched to the headphone unit. The microphone that is being used is still the built-in PC one. Previously when I plugged headphones I was getting Realtek panel/sound notification that...
  8. Win10 Upgrade to Pro delivers Enterprise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 Upgrade to Pro delivers Enterprise: Hi I've had an activated Win10 Home version on a new computer for almost one year and upgraded yesterday to Pro. But at the end of the install process, the windows version is recognized as Enterprise and won't activate. Error code 0x803F7001 troubleshooter does nothing...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro and the effect on drivers installed at purchase

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro and the effect on drivers installed at purchase: I bought an HP Omen laptop. The laptop came with Windows Home. I also bought a copy of Windows Pro. I tried doing a clean install, but evidently there were drivers that were part of the store install that were not available in Windows 10 Pro. The result as that my Omen...
  10. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

Wrong windows version, can i upgrade: so i recently rebuilt my pc from the ground up, and i installed the wrong version of windows (i had pro, i installed home). Can i upgrade to pro so my product key can be moved without reinstalling windows?...