Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade gone really wrong! Laptop ruined? Plz help!

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade gone really wrong! Laptop ruined? Plz help! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, two days ago my laptop "decided" to upgrade itself from windows 7 to windows 10 by itself. The laptop restarted saying that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VaKg, Jun 15, 2016.

1. VaKg Win User

Windows 10 upgrade gone really wrong! Laptop ruined? Plz help!

Hello everyone,

two days ago my laptop "decided" to upgrade itself from windows 7 to windows 10 by itself.
    The laptop restarted saying that Windows 10 are going to be installed. So, I left the laptop to complete the installation and went to do some chores. The problem is that when I returned, my laptop was in an infinite restart loop. The screen turns on, a white underscore appears on the top left of the screen, the Num Lock light on the keyboard turns on, and that's it! The screen then turns off and the same thing is repeated non-stop! No windows logo appears, at all!

I tried the following things:
    - entering safe mode, but when I press F8, my laptop will eventually do a beep sound and nothing happens. The non-stop-restart thing continues.
    - entering BIOS settings. This works, but I don't see how this alone can help me solve the problem.
    - booting a USB clean installation, with USB boot being the first option selected in the BIOS settings, but nothing happened.
    - using the HDD recovery boot (selected after pressing F12), but again nothing happened.

I managed to take a copy of my files from the hard drive (through another PC). So HDD is fine, I guess.

Is my laptop dead or what? :S

:)

2. I just bought a laptop today at Walmart and it came with the windows 10 app,but it will not open at all. Plz help me.

What is wrong with the windows app. Got a brand new laptop with Windows 10 and the app was already installed and it will not open at all. Plz help.

sharaellison, Jun 15, 2016
  3. sthunk Win User
    Nokia N9 reset problem

I enterd my pass wrong

the arrows are gone but im getting the nokia icon without turning on

PLZ HELP

sthunk, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

Your laptop wont be 'dead' although at this point its impossible to say just what has happened. If you can enter the BIOS then you can in theory clean install a new operating system although doing that would wipe whatever is on your HDD.

I see no one has replied to this... and so these is just my thoughts, but at this point I would attempt a clean install of W10 and use the install media to completely wipe the HDD (delete all partitions and take it down to unallocated space). Upgrade installs can be a disaster I'm afraid, as you have found out.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Mooly, Jun 15, 2016
  5. roblinb Win User
    If you can get into the BIOS you might be able to boot from a USB drive, as Mooly said above, and install Windows 10 that way.

There are a number of reasons why your system could be doing what it's doing. However, if you can get into the BIOS and change boot options, you might have a shot at resolving this crisis. Since you haven't replied in a day... did you get it fixed?

roblinb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade gone really wrong! Laptop ruined? Plz help! - Similar Threads - upgrade gone really

2. Upgrade gone wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade gone wrong: I bought the upgrade from Win 10 home to Pro from the Microsoft store. My system was fully patched & Activated before I upgraded. When I ran the upgrade I received error 0x80070005. I restarted the system. The system installed and upgraded and restarted at least one. Upon...
  3. Update gone wrong, please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update gone wrong, please help: I updated my laptop, but the update only seemed to mess up my laptop rather than improve it, now I've opened Windows update page on the settings, and it takes forever to open, is there anything I could click or do that would undo the damages, there is this optional update...
  4. Need help really bad plz anyone who knows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help really bad plz anyone who knows: My pc is stuck on reboot and can’t repair and I tried thru command prompt and usb iso everything nothing works I’m tryin to recover because it’s my work pc I do 3D work and that’s time I can’t lose if anyone know how to fix this plz I really need the help the error I get when...
  5. Upgrading To Window 10 Gone Wrong

Upgrading To Window 10 Gone Wrong: Please Go Through Whole Post Deeply Need Your Help A month Ago I Upgraded My PC from Window 7 ultimate To 10, By downloading ISO file from Media Creation Tool than Uses Rufus To transfer that ISO ( 32 bit ) to USB and successfully Upgraded my PC to Window 10 Pro Today...
  6. Laptop PLZ HELP!!

Laptop PLZ HELP!!: I was trying to boot my laptop to linux and it wasnt working so i did it unsecurely (bad idea) so it was on the recover screen where i can recover my data. I then decided i would do it the next day then i was on my laptop and it fell on the hard floor and the screen broke...
  7. Need Help, windows gone extremely wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help, windows gone extremely wrong: Okay, so i desperately need help with this i’ve been trying to fix it for over a month now and nothings helped. It doesn’t matter how many times i reinstall windows each time with a new media creation tool there is always the same problem with Missing system DLLs and can not...
  8. Plz help plz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Plz help plz: I was trying to solve login profilr error and i deleted the admin and the restarted my computer. It shows a black screen and when i click on windows button start menu apper which responses but no app is able to come up on screen the screen turns black not even task manager is...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Gone Wrong

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade Gone Wrong: Upgrade edition of Windows via the Windows store to Pro. Got a confirmation email with no activation key. Windows will not activate. I've done no hardware changes or re-installs, this is just a version upgrade. I did notice Windows thinks it's running the Enterprise...
  10. Laptop SSD upgrade win 10 instilation gone wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop SSD upgrade win 10 instilation gone wrong: Hi there, I bought a laptop with Win 10 Home on it and then bought an SSD and put it in the laptop. To install Win 10 on the SSD I first downloaded the Win 10 Home Single Language on my PC and burned it to a DVD. Then I formated and partitioned the hard drive and SSD on...