Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Community, We have a Windows 7 Home Premium file server pc that hasn't been upgraded to Windows 10. Every upgrade failed since 8/6/ 2015 giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bambam15035, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015

Dear Community,

We have a Windows 7 Home Premium file server pc that hasn't been upgraded to Windows 10. Every upgrade failed since 8/6/ 2015 giving error 80240020. I'm currently transferring files and programs from the 7 pc to a new 10 pc using PCMover pro. I'd like to wipe the 7 pc clean, upgrade to 10 and give it to my mother for use. Any suggestions on how to get the upgrade without having to purchase it now? Thanks in advance.

:)

Bambam15035, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015

Dear Community,

We have a Windows 7 Home Premium file server pc that hasn't been upgraded to Windows 10. Every upgrade failed since 8/6/ 2015 giving error 80240020. I'm currently transferring files and programs from the 7 pc to a new 10 pc using PCMover pro. I'd like
    to wipe the 7 pc clean, upgrade to 10 and give it to my mother for use. Any suggestions on how to get the upgrade without having to purchase it now? Thanks in advance.

Bambam15035, May 25, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015

1. Windows 10 upgrade has failed since 2015 - Similar Threads - upgrade has failed

2. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed: Hi everyone,I have Windows 10 at the moment and I keep on getting for the last month notifications that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and to upgrade. But whenever I use the Windows Update tool it downloads, installs, PC resets and then back to square one with no message...
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed: Hi everyone,I have Windows 10 at the moment and I keep on getting for the last month notifications that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and to upgrade. But whenever I use the Windows Update tool it downloads, installs, PC resets and then back to square one with no message...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows upgrade has not worked since 2018.: I have an older desktop which works very well for my needs. Since 2018 Microsoft has attempted to auto-install updates/upgrades with no success. When it arrives at 60% complete it quits and reverses the items deemed current needs. So my PC is immobilized for two + hours. This...
  6. windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.

windows 10 has attempted to do upgrade and failed.: Windows 10 has attempted to do an upgrade and failed, now computer is trying to undo the upgrade and has been trying to do this for several hours . It seems to be stuck. cannot do anything on the computer. any ideas about how to clear it?...
  7. Failed to Upgrade Windows with Repair Upgrade / In-Place Upgrade since 1709

Failed to Upgrade Windows with Repair Upgrade / In-Place Upgrade since 1709: This is the setuperr from C:\$WINDOWS.~BT Seems tonnes of error prevented me from updating. Any and all help is much appreciated! 2020-02-02 01:15:20, Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class...
  8. Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free 2015 upgrade to Windows 10 expired?: (Unfortunately), I took advantage of the free Windows 10 upgrade in 2015 and it's not been a rewarding relationship, not least because it seemed to offer me less functionality and it turned out to be incompatible with my HP printer! I am now getting constant messages that...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade: Hi MS Team , i have a product from Honeywell ,its a WIFi/Cellular device which is running on OS Windows 10 64bit and believed to be a very2 old build , what is the best way of upgrading this device to at least 1607 build to make MDM work. FYI i have around 200 unit of...
  10. Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!

Failing upgrade to 10. Windows 10 installation has failed!: Just made a USB to upgrade the PC to Windows 10. Gets to the end of the process but before it restarts a little window pops up to say Windows 10 installation has failed! Attached the setuperr.log found in $WINDOWS.~BT setuperr.log 91587