Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade hasn't recognised my external monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade hasn't recognised my external monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 and my external Samsung monitor no longer is recognised, not sure how to fix it as it worked via Windows 8. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cbrown, Aug 15, 2015.

1. cbrown Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade hasn't recognised my external monitor

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and my external Samsung monitor no longer is recognised, not sure how to fix it as it worked via Windows 8.

My computer is a Lenovo X1 Carbon notebook Intel Core i7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Cathy

:)

cbrown, Aug 15, 2015

2. Help please - Iconia W700P running Windows 10 but does not recognise external monitor: needed for homework

My son has an Iconia W700P running Windows 10 but it will not recognise his external monitor.

I have tried several monitors and so am confident the problem is the machine.

Having checked the software, it is clear that it does not recognise the presence of an external monitor.

Please can you help solve this problem?

Many thanks

Antony

AntonyMorley, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Laptop Connection to External TV used as Monitor

I have a laptop operating windows 10. After a recent automatic upgrade my laptop will no longer recognise the HDMI connection to my TV which has, up until now, been used as an external monitor. How do I fix this please. DRW

Moved from Insider

DerekWood22, Aug 15, 2015
  4. BUck13 Win User

I am searching for the same answers dude, I have an Unbranded Tablet that converts to laptop on the keyboard and it is too having the same issue. Somehow before I WAS able to get my external Dell monitor to work, but I unplugged it and moved the monitor to a new place in my house to work for comfortably and now it does not detect at all. That's my issue, and all I did to get it to work the first time was 'windows+P' and set it to extend display, but not it won't work and I can't find any threads or anything on the issue to fix it!

Best of luck, maybe the more people who search this issue, the more work microsoft will put towards fixing the issue!

BUck13, Oct 4, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    After the upgrade to Windows 10, the graphics driver is probably replaced with a "newer" Microsoft driver. Microsoft drivers do not support all features, such as multiple monitors, they just make the graphics card work. Go to your notebook manufacturer's site and download latest display drivers. Even better, go directly to Intel and get latest Windows 10 drivers

spapakons, Oct 7, 2015
  6. That was my only issue too at first, remove old drivers through appwiz.cpl, use whichever flavor driver removal tool to get remnants out.

reboot, install latest correct driver. That fixed it for me...

python134r, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade hasn't recognised my external monitor - Similar Threads - Upgrade hasn't recognised

2. Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?: I usually work with 2 external monitors and have my laptop closed, however I am working out of office and need to use the laptop but the screen will not show up. The keyboard is fully functional but the display will not work. I have tried to change the display projection...
  3. Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?: I usually work with 2 external monitors and have my laptop closed, however I am working out of office and need to use the laptop but the screen will not show up. The keyboard is fully functional but the display will not work. I have tried to change the display projection...
  4. Laptop not recognising internal monitor only external?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  6. Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga Slim no longer recognises my external monitor.: I have added windows 11 and now my Lenovo Yoga Slim does not recognise my external monitor. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-slim-no-longer-recognises-my-external/9d1b7de4-8d94-4afb-8402-36934a62f57a
  7. Windows 10 hasn't recognized by external Blu Ray Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 hasn't recognized by external Blu Ray Player: I have been trying to connect by 2 USB Connection my external Blu Ray, DVD and CD player/burner. However Windows 10 Home 64 bit is not showing in under my PC screen. As if it does not recognize it. What can I do to correct this?...
  8. PC not recognising external monitor after Windows 10 2020-05 update

PC not recognising external monitor after Windows 10 2020-05 update: I have an external monitor connected to my Windows 10 laptop by HDMI. After the Windows 10 up date 2020-05 KB 4552931 & KB 4556799, the PC is not recognising the external monitor. I have had this problem before - last time it was solved several days later, I think by a...
  9. Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

Laptop no longer recognising external monitors: Hi, I always use external monitors for work with my laptop. The last time I used my laptop it was working correctly with my personal external monitor a Dell but having returned from holiday and started a new job, I cannot connect to any monitors in the new office, either via...
  10. window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 pRO not recognising EXTERNAL ssd: MY Windows 10 Asus laptop loads the Medion drive and go SSD. However my Desk top running Windows 10 pro has in past but will not now load this device When the device is connected to desktop the computer bleeps and the drive power light glows. . However the device is not...