Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade help

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Having some frustrating troubles trying to update my Windows 10. My current version is 1803, trying to update to 1909. However, as I go through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FOX_SMOLDER, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade help

Having some frustrating troubles trying to update my Windows 10. My current version is 1803, trying to update to 1909. However, as I go through the setup, I get to the step where it asks what to keep and everything is grayed our except “Nothing: Everything will be deleted, including files, apps, and settings.” I’ve tried troubleshooting steps I’ve found on forums but nothing works for me. Any ways around this? I would really prefer not to have everything deleted.

submitted by /u/FOX_SMOLDER
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FOX_SMOLDER, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade help

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade help

1. Windows 10 upgrade help - Similar Threads - upgrade help

2. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  3. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  4. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  6. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  7. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

8. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  9. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  10. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC