Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade icon missing

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade icon missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all, this is not about my PC that is listed as system specs, it's about my laptop. I ran Insider Preview on my laptop until now, and today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marron, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Windows 10 upgrade icon missing

First of all, this is not about my PC that is listed as system specs, it's about my laptop. I ran Insider Preview on my laptop until now, and today I installed Win7 so I can get the free upgrade to 10.

1. It is a genuine version of Win7.
    2. It is activated (checked with 'slmgr /xpr' - says 'permanently activated', activated with the OEM key found beneath the battery of the laptop)
    3. I think I do have sp1. (Screenshot)
    4. I do have i updated. (Screenshot)

Well, I think I do meet the requirements, but I don't see the the update icon. (Screenshot)
    And a restart didn't solve it.

Any help ? Thanks,

PS: The laptop is not listed on Lenovo's website as "eligible for free upgrade", but it is running Windows 7 Professional, so I should be able to get it. Moreover, I run the Insider Preview on it since February without issues.

:)

Marron, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Desktop Icons NOT Opening

Rohit,

The six desktop icons are missing. With Windows 8.1 I had 58 desktop icons. After upgrading to Windows 10 I now have 52 desktop icons. I have 112 programs installed. The six "missing icons" may be from Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3. Prior to
    upgrading to Windows 10 I did not write a list of the 58 icons.

renereimannZF, Sep 4, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Sep 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Barryt Win User
    I have a similar problem. I have 3 computers with windows 7 ultimate. One computer asked me if I wanted to update the other 2 are standing silently alone. I have KB2952664 and KB3035583 on both computers but I do not have the windows 10 icon on either computers. I have tried to get the icon but I cannot find out how to install it. Can anyone help? PLEASE

Barryt, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Barry, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you can also do what I posted above to upgrade to the free Windows 10.

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Barryt Win User
    Thanks for the advice but if I do that will I get three new licence numbers? I just want to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and get three new licence numbers for my computers. Where do I go to get the upgrades?

Barryt, Sep 6, 2015
  8. Marron Win User

Marron, Sep 6, 2015
  9. Marron Win User
    I don't know what license numbers you're talking about, but if your machine was activated before upgrade, it should be activated after upgrade too. I just did what Brink said and it worked flawless. You can do 'slmgr /xpr' in cmd to see if your machine is activated.

Marron, Sep 6, 2015
  10. Barryt Win User
    All my machines are active . I am talking about product Id numbers. A friend of mine tried to install windows 10 but because he didn't have a new product Id numbers he couldn't activate windows 10. I want to know how do I install windows 10 and tell the program that I have windows 7 ultimate onboard so I get a new product id number?

Barryt, Sep 6, 2015
  11. Marron Win User
    If your windows 7 is activated, when you upgrade to windows 10 it'll be activated out of the box. You won't be prompted and you won't need to enter a key.

Marron, Sep 6, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    @Marron,

Great news. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade icon missing - Similar Threads - upgrade icon missing

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing: Hello, I've noticed that some of the icons on my Windows 10 taskbar have gone missing. Specifically, icons for certain apps are not showing up, even though the apps are still installed on my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and checking the icon settings, but...
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing: Hello, I've noticed that some of the icons on my Windows 10 taskbar have gone missing. Specifically, icons for certain apps are not showing up, even though the apps are still installed on my computer. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and checking the icon settings, but...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Start Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Icons Missing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gabidigabdigabs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kz64n7/windows_10_start_icons_missing/
  6. Windows 10 icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 icons missing: My desktop icons in windows 10 have disappeared leaving only the icon names with a blank space above. I've tried resetting the iconcache and thumbnail cache from %appdata% etc., following the windows central posts and I think successfully because the new timestamps are...
  7. Missing icons in Windows 10

Missing icons in Windows 10: Recently, some icons in UWP apps were gone e.g. Settings, Screen snip and etc. There are rectangles instead of them. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] How I can fix this?...
  8. Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    Missing Icons in Windows 10 Search: [ATTACH] I'm having an issue where the icons on my apps won't show when I search them up via Windows Search. I'd be able to see some of the icons if I installed them recently, but anything before that has all of the icons replaced with the square X icon. Is there a way I...
  9. Missing icons in Windows 10

Missing icons in Windows 10: Split from this thread. I am trying to contact MS support. My Windows 10 desktop has changed and missing icons. Windows 10 looks missing ***Modified title from: Windows 10 changed***...
  10. Windows 10 icon gone missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 icon gone missing: Im really hyped for Windows 10 then suddenly the icon was not there anymore. Got it reserved and even clicked the "notify me when ready". I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you in advance tenforums people *Biggrin 9764