Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I finally made the leap from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Gulp! I have two window 7 computers and upgraded them both to windows 10 (doing it online). My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by steveeyes, Feb 3, 2019.

1. steveeyes Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall?

I finally made the leap from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Gulp! I have two window 7 computers and upgraded them both to windows 10 (doing it online).

My questions are related to future issues (I have no doubt I will eventually have issues at some time) and how to handle them.

Computer 1 - This computer can be put back to factory specs with reboot and key combination. Since the computer came with Windows 7, if I have to restore my computer will it restore it back to windows 7 or windows 10?

Computer 2 - This computer came with windows 7 disks which is great. If I had any issues and nothing worked to fix it, I could easily install windows 7 without having to reformat my hard drive to fix the issue. Now that I upgraded to windows 10 (did update to windows 10 online) and I have no disks, if need be, can I just as easily reinstall windows 10 without formatting my drive to fix issues? If it can be done, how since I have no disks.

These are probably rookie questions. I tried to find the answer with google but wasn't successful. I'd appreciate feedback on my above concerns.

Thanks
    Stevie

:)

steveeyes, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 3, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 3, 2019
  4. slackin Win User

Windows 10 upgrade questions...

So my system has finally notified me that I'm ready for Windows 10 upgrade.

First: What are the advantages to upgrading to Windows 10?

Are there any major compatibility issues?

Are there any performance issues?

Are there any issues with gaming?

Are there any media sharing issues?

Will I have to reinstall or reconfigure a bunch of stuff?

slackin, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade - if I have future issues or need to reinstall? - Similar Threads - upgrade future issues

2. I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...: I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Motherboard. I am considering upgrading to a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, which uses the AM5 socket instead of the AM4, necessitating a motherboard change.If I were to change the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but not the...
  3. I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to upgrade my motherboard and CPU in the near future. Would I have to reinstall...: I have an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING Motherboard. I am considering upgrading to a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, which uses the AM5 socket instead of the AM4, necessitating a motherboard change.If I were to change the motherboard, CPU, and RAM, but not the...
  4. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10: Working with Gateway laptop. Windows is 8.1. Need help to upgrade to Win 10. Need technical assistance to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-81-and-need-to-upgrade-to-10/4de0d8ed-d7e6-414f-966f-0d5f16eed5f1
  5. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10: Working with Gateway laptop. Windows is 8.1. Need help to upgrade to Win 10. Need technical assistance to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-81-and-need-to-upgrade-to-10/4de0d8ed-d7e6-414f-966f-0d5f16eed5f1
  6. Will I need to reinstall windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need to reinstall windows 10?: Hello I recently got a new motherboard and a cpu (Kind of). Basically I had a faulty ryzen 5 3600 and I am getting a replacement processor from AMD so I will still have a ryzen 5 3600 but it's not the same number (or whatever it's called). Anyway will I need to reactivate...
  7. Future upgrades to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Future upgrades to Windows 10: Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 and as part of the upgrade I had to get a phone call with a code that was sent to my landline phone. I then entered the code into the computer and Widows let me on. As I went through this process this time I think I saw a note that in the...
  8. I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?

I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?: Need to ReInstall Windows 10 home 64-bit, Please help methods? I have Windows 10 Home 64bit and need to reinstall it, not clean install, and I no disc or product or license for it. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back when doing so was 100% free, so I do have a...
  9. What is the procedure to reinstall in the future?

What is the procedure to reinstall in the future?: So, I took advantage of Microsoft's offer and am running Windows 10 on my laptop now. However, my laptop came with Windows 7. If my hard drive dies, or I decide to get a new hard drive, I have to use my System Restore discs to reinstall my OS. BUT, it will then be Windows...
  10. windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade)

windows 10 reinstallation issues (free upgrade): To start, this has been a long and ugly journey for me. I'm at a point where I'm about to give up. My computer is a three-year old Toshiba laptop with a 64bit processcor and a 32 bit OS, 6GB. It came pre-installed with Windows 8.1, and after much badgering from MS, I...