Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 - on the first login screen, when I enter my password pc is freezing up, after a few seconds it fades to black and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win10noob, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Win10noob Win User

Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen

After installing Windows 10 - on the first login screen, when I enter my password pc is freezing up, after a few seconds it fades to black and then restarts. Cannot get past this part, anyone else have this issue?

The PC I'm upgrading is a Dell Inspiron laptop upgrading from Win7.

Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen [​IMG]

:)

Win10noob, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Froggyxx Win User

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade failed

Windows 10 pro November Upgrade blue screens on installing drivers and apps. Two attempts and a major crash on installing the November upgrade. The download worked fine. The install crashes after the first reboot attempting to install drivers and apps.

Now after windows reverts back to the previous release Windows 10 pro version no show in Windows 10 update. Everything is up to date and no record in system manage module of the critical crash.

What is going on??

Froggyxx, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update installation issue

I am getting blue screen with 'kernal crash error' while installing windows 10 updates 83%. Not able install and login with windows. Please help.

Jeyachandran R, Jul 29, 2015
  4. MAGI Win User

I'm having the same exact issue on a custom built system. No idea what to do and getting more frustrated as time passes.

5. MAGI Win User
    Well, oddly I pressed enter and managed to get through it after unplugging my wifi adapter and am now sitting at the desktop. For some reason mouse input completely locked my system up.

6. Win10noob Win User
    I will try unplugging all peripherals *crosses fingers*

Win10noob, Jul 29, 2015
  7. LeeBrown Win User
    Thank you so much. I have been wrestling with the exact same issue all day. I finally stumble across this post and have removed my wifi adapter and its moved on.

LeeBrown, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Win10noob Win User

Ugh... seems my issue got worse.

I ended up downloading the Win10 usb install option to see if I could repair installation, did not work - now it boots into the blue screen error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Anyone had a similar issue?
    Is there a work-around I can do via the CMD?
    Hard drive is okay from what I can tell since I can boot into Ubuntu and see all my windows files...
    Also crashes when I boot into safe mode.

Win10noob, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Jawa897 Win User
    Thank you for this! Removing my wifi adapter worked! I made this account just to say that.

Jawa897, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade install crashing at first login screen - Similar Threads - upgrade install crashing

2. Windows Crashes on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes on Login Screen: My desktop computer will crash once I input my password/pin code to login to my computer. Immediately to a black screen.I have taken my desktop apart, and cleaned the dust off every component I possibly can with the utmost delicacy.I even bought a new hard drive to rule out...
  3. Windows Crashes on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes on Login Screen: My desktop computer will crash once I input my password/pin code to login to my computer. Immediately to a black screen.I have taken my desktop apart, and cleaned the dust off every component I possibly can with the utmost delicacy.I even bought a new hard drive to rule out...
  4. Windows Crashes on Login Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock/login repeating first keystroke in password after windows 10 upgrade: When I start my computer the login password repeats first keystroke until I strike another key. This only started after Windows upgrade. I have uninstalled the keyboard and turned off the repeat option. Anyone know why or how to fix?...
  6. First time upgrade to Windows 10 :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First time upgrade to Windows 10 :): Hey, I'm replacing my 10 year old PC with its Windows 7 Prof. 64bit installation. I think I still got that license from my university or so. Any chance I can convert that license for a fresh install on my new PC? If yes, how? If no, where to best get a valid license? Also,...
  7. Windows 10 1903 - always crash on first boot on login screen with new

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 1903 - always crash on first boot on login screen with new: Hello. Is this a 1903v Win10 bug? Always when plugging new gpu it crashing display driver only in first boot on login screen. Then its fine. Its happening always on first boot with new gpu plugged. On 1809v there was not issue with this. 148904
  8. Newly upgraded Windows 10 workstation - black background, first login

in Windows 10 Support
    Newly upgraded Windows 10 workstation - black background, first login: I have a workstation (desktop) PC newly upgraded from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10. I am using a dedicated AMD graphics card with dual port DVI. The on-board graphics is VGA. The power went off during the first attempt to upgrade, when power turned back on, the Windows...
  9. Black screen with cursor after install and first login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after install and first login: Just upgraded my bro-in-law's HP Pavilion desktop from 8.1 to 10. It's got an AMD processor, but I don't know which one exactly...probably one of the lower level ones. It was a refurb from Fry's, purchased a couple of months ago. It was running 8.1 just fine. The upgrade...
  10. Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will it be upgrade first then Fresh Install: hi if i missed the article on upgrading please forgive, when win 10 is finally available, i want to do a fresh install, so does that mean when it comes out i have to update first to get my license then start all over again to install a fresh copy? i always imaged my previous...