Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Install Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Install Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased Windows 10 Pro.In the process of installing, I received an error. After countless attempts of trying to resolve the issue and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by linsnow00, Jun 19, 2021.

1. linsnow00 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Install Error

I recently purchased Windows 10 Pro.In the process of installing, I received an error. After countless attempts of trying to resolve the issue and reaching out to support only to be directed here I have run out of options. I have paid for the Pro but cannot find the product key or license anywhere nor in my email with my receipt it was purchased from the Microsoft Store.I am now having the issue where my computer shows Windows is not activated at all and I cannot get it fixed. Please tell me someone can help!

:)

linsnow00, Jun 19, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Install Error - Similar Threads - Upgrade Install Error

2. Windows 10 upgrades/installs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrades/installs: Why do many/all support people on here give the same dialog for Windows 10 issues? The standard reply seems to be "clean install", no upgrade. All the people who do clean installs don't have any problems. This was the standard dogma for Windows versions prior to Windows...
  3. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade ..error

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade ..error: I follow exactly these istructions Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade and i select to not update drivers etc.. and also if i select to update drivers etc.. but after reboot i have the error on image Please can you suggest me? Thank Hispa P.S. Secure boot is...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade&install

Windows 10 upgrade&install: So i recently bought a windows 10 and idk how to upgrade it to it. My laptop has windows 7 and i would like to upgrade to windows 10. I think i need space but idk. How do i install it and if i need more space availible on my disc should i make a backup on a external hard...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade/install

Windows 10 upgrade/install: I recently purchased a USB copy of Windows 10 home to install on a laptop I received from a family member. However it appears that the Windows 7 that was on that laptop was "not genuine" somehow. And when I plug in my USB to try to start the upgrade process, it tells me my...
  6. Install & Upgrade windows 10

Install & Upgrade windows 10: [IMG]sir, how can i fix this problem. I tried to solve this problem using troubleshoot but not solved the problem and I also checked my hard drive and RAM but didn't slove it. Please respond me ASAP....
  7. Windows 10 upgrade install error

Windows 10 upgrade install error: Hi Can some one assist me. I have been trying for the past three days to schedule update of my Windows 10 and it keeps stopping at 60% with the error message: "We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an...
  8. Error installing Windows 10 upgrade - Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Error installing Windows 10 upgrade - Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Why lock this thread? Why NOT fix the problem? I have written Operating System code, and I know it is NOT necessary to crash a system except in VERY rare circumstances. These systems are used for businesses. Businesses can not afford to have stuff just randomly STOP...
  9. Upgrading to windows 10/ installing

Upgrading to windows 10/ installing: Ok to give my situation my pc currently has 1tb hdd that has windows 7 on it along with games etc.. and another 1tb hdd with just games. i recently got a ssd and plan on upgrading to windows 10 now with it. if i were to just launch the iso or upgarde file that microsoft...
  10. windows 10 installation/upgrade error Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D

windows 10 installation/upgrade error Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D: I had tried from the early win10 early betas to upgrade from win 8.1 pro 64 bit. I continually got the error: "The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" and the code "Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D". I had tried the fixes...