Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade/Installation Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade/Installation Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. I own an Alienware X51 R2 desktop computer that came with Windows 7. I've been trying to upgrade the OS to Windows 10, but whenever I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul PG., Jun 13, 2020.

1. Paul PG. Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade/Installation Black Screen

Hi all.

I own an Alienware X51 R2 desktop computer that came with Windows 7. I've been trying to upgrade the OS to Windows 10, but whenever I get to the updating phase of the installation, it fails. Specifically, when it reaches 75%, the computer restarts, and when it tries to boot up again, there's just a black screen. It does not appear to respond to commands, and clicking the mouse does not do anything at all.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.

-Paul PG

:)

Paul PG., Jun 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 13, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Black screen after windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

For us to isolate the black screen issue that you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did you upgrade from a previous version of Windows?
    • Are there any third-party antivirus programs installed on your device?

On a lighter note, you may follow the steps here on this
    link on how to troubleshoot black or blank screen errors.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade/Installation Black Screen - Similar Threads - Upgrade Installation Black

2. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen: This question has been asked several times before, but none of the solutions listed there worked. Backstory: I installed windows 10 on my linux machine, everything worked perfectly, but one day the system crashed... to a level where the automatic repair wasnt able to repair...
  3. Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 stuck on black screen: This question has been asked several times before, but none of the solutions listed there worked. Backstory: I installed windows 10 on my linux machine, everything worked perfectly, but one day the system crashed... to a level where the automatic repair wasnt able to repair...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade black screen

Windows 10 upgrade black screen: I was upgrading my laptop to the latest windows 10 version. When I clicked upgrade and restart button from start menu my laptop turned off and instead of showing some percentages of upgrade it turned black and showed nothing since. But laptop itself was still working except...
  5. Windows 10 Install Black Screen

Windows 10 Install Black Screen: Hello, I am having trouble installing windows 10 from USB SanDisk 64GB on a newly built computer no previous OS. I downloaded Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool and followed prompt for USB Windows 10 install on another PC. Checked to see if USB partition was “active” and it...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade- Black screen

Windows 10 upgrade- Black screen: Good Morning.. While upgrading windows 10 black screen appears, my system configuration is corei3 intel hd graphics 3000, 2 gb ram, what shall I do, black screen continues. How should I proceed further? Help me to come out this problem. I start upgrading only after the...
  7. Black screen Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen Windows 10 install: I installed Windows 10 via dvd media that I downloaded from Microsoft yesterday. In the middle of the installation, the screen went black, but the install was continuing as I was able to still use my keyboard and mouse to navigate. It wasn’t until after I was done that I...
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen During Install

Windows 10 Black Screen During Install: Hey guys, I was installing windows 10 (8.1 before) on my Dell inspiron 15 7000 series (7537), and it progressed to restarting after the installing drivers step, but after the restart and going through the dell startup screen, everything went black. The HDD light is stuck...
  9. Windows 10 Black screen while upgrading

Windows 10 Black screen while upgrading: It happens everytime I try to upgrade windows 10, I have tried loads of different methods but none seem to work. The C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log is as follows: Code: 2015-08-02 21:50:42, Error CDiagnosticsHelper::SetSQMDatapoint: Attempting to set a...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade: Black Screen During Installation/Reboot: I tried upgrading to Windows 10 this evening, and during the installation process my computer rebooted a few times. The second time it rebooted, all I saw was a black screen and it stayed like that. I could see my mouse cursor on the black screen but nothing happened. I tried...