Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Installation fine but Installed printers don't work

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Installation fine but Installed printers don't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did an Upgrade from W7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 and it worked fine but the three printers attached to the computer no longer work. The print Spooler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sagrant, Sep 2, 2015.

1. sagrant Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Installation fine but Installed printers don't work

I did an Upgrade from W7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 and it worked fine but the three printers attached to the computer no longer work. The print Spooler is stopped and all efforts to restart it fail with Error 0x80070057 "Incorrect parameter". Anyone else have this problem and found an answer ? Microsoft Answer Desk are baffled.
    Stuart

:)

sagrant, Sep 2, 2015

2. How to scan on Windows 10 using Canon MS922?

Please define "launching the scanner on Windows 10"? With Windows 8 I had a desktop icon. When I upgraded to Windows 10 there is nothing. I hit the scan button on the Canon printer/fax/scanner and it and it says "set the PC to start scanning" I don't
    know how to do that. The printer function works fine so during the upgrade the device must have installed.

BarbaraScham, Sep 2, 2015
  3. [BUG] Printer removed after major Windows 10 updates / cumulative updates

Thanks for the reply, but common, what is it you don't understand?

I'm not a novice, and this is not a printing problem - i don't have problems printing when the printer is installed.

My problem is that the printer is removed from Windows 10 after a big update, like the AU!

I install the printer, it works fine, Windows 10 updates and Windows 10 removes my printer, but ir onlu removes the generic text printer, not the other printers!

Did you understand now? Could you please pass this info to someone that could talk with the Microsoft Windows responsible teams?

Filipe Costa, Sep 2, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

Have you sought Win10 drivers for your printers?

robgr, Sep 2, 2015
  5. sagrant Win User
    Yes but it is NOT a driver question. As long as Print Spooler is not running you CANT install drivers.

sagrant, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    If I understand the problem properly, then the issue is that the spooler service cannot be started. Trying to start it gives error 0x80070057.

When you google for "0x80070057 spooler" you find a number of people with the same problem.

What obviously has worked for some is following this tutorial: [FIX] Windows Could Not Start The Print Spooler Service

Note that this includes a change to the registry - you should make sure that you have some kind of working backup, before you do such changes. E.g. a system restore point would be great to have!

Joergi, Sep 2, 2015
  7. sagrant Win User
    Thanks for your suggestion. I carefully followed the FIX, but alas it did not work. I followed in fact both suggestions even though I am in Windows 10, not 8.1. Depend on Service is now only RPCSS without http but still no joy. The only difference with the problem in the FIX is the error number. I get 0x80070057 incorrect parameter not - was it 1604 ?
    I am now about ready to go back to my previous OS, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I read somewhere that you can go back in 30 days if not happy with Windows 10. Do you happen to know how to go about it ? I have a Dell Reinstallation Disc but of course the system on it will be 4 years old I had the impression that the former system was still somewhere on the hard disk.

sagrant, Sep 3, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

Windows 10 has a restore function in the Settings app > Update and Security > Restore. It is labelled something like "Back to Windows 7". This is the function you are looking for. It should restore the state, which you had at the time you did the upgrade.

Joergi, Sep 3, 2015
  9. sagrant Win User
    Thank you very much Joergi. Worked perfectly. I have Windows 7 back and can print at least on one printer. I may have to reinstall the drivers on the other two. I will also have to do some reconfirming passwords, etc.. I am sorry to give up on Windows 10. I thought it was very good and Edge particularly so. But five or six Microsoft Answer Desk technicians, one from Level 2 (!) tried to solve my printer problem and failed.
    Stuart

sagrant, Sep 3, 2015
  10. Joergi Win User
    From googling I would have expected that this printer problem can be solved. However, before you have the solution you never know how long that will take.

Edge is feature incomplete to say the least. I consider it usable for one thing: To download another browser.

Joergi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation fine but Installed printers don't work - Similar Threads - Upgrade Installation fine

2. usb ports don't work on windows 10, work fine on linux mint installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb ports don't work on windows 10, work fine on linux mint installation: Before today I could access the computer using chrome remote desktop. Today that didn't work. Since keyboard and mouse dont work on the W10 Dell, how can I troubleshoot this issue?Computer is a Dell XPS 8700, latest Windows 10. Since I can't access the computer, I don't have...
  3. Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...: Hi,I have a logitech G19 keyboard with an LCD display on it. When I was running Windows 10 it worked just fine with Logitech Software installed. I upgraded to Windows 11 and it worked just fine.Now I did a clean installation of Windows 11 and all of a sudden windows will no...
  4. Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech G19 worked fine when upgrading Windows 10 to 11, but a clean installation with...: Hi,I have a logitech G19 keyboard with an LCD display on it. When I was running Windows 10 it worked just fine with Logitech Software installed. I upgraded to Windows 11 and it worked just fine.Now I did a clean installation of Windows 11 and all of a sudden windows will no...
  5. No Printers Installed After Windows 10 2004 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Printers Installed After Windows 10 2004 Upgrade: After Windows 10 was upgraded to version 2004, intermittently printers started to disappear from the printer selection drop-down within applications such as MS-Word and MS-Excel. The message in the printer selection is "No Printers Installed", I am unable to see hardware...
  6. Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Installer quit working after Window 10 upgrade installation.: Please help. My windlow installer stopped working after I installed Window 10 upgrades from Window 8. Error message says: Another installer is running. Wait until it is done before installed. There is no other application is installing in my computer. Screen says something...
  7. Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install Windows 10 to SSD, install on HDD works fine: [ATTACH] Hello there, i have a very peculiar problem.I'm trying to install windows 10 on a sata SSD connected to a pretty old Lenovo desktop, and during each try at different percentages I get an error saying "windows cannot access the installation sources. Verify that the...
  8. I don't want to install Windows 10 but it is scheduled to upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't want to install Windows 10 but it is scheduled to upgrade: Hello everyone, I need some help. I reserved my copy of Windows 10 and it was downloaded in the background. I decided to schedule the upgrade because I could delay it for a month or longer but I was given ONLY 3 days. That is way I want to revert it and not upgrade my...
  9. If I don't get the upgrade..., would this work to install windows 10?

If I don't get the upgrade..., would this work to install windows 10?: If I don't get the upgrade in the next few days, would this work to install windows 10 or should I just wait on an iso download from Microsoft? Please bear with me, it is a little complicated. Will the 10 10240 work to upgrade to the release version? I created the...
  10. DVD install seems to work fine..

DVD install seems to work fine..: Installing using the DVD went normally. It took a while after I got to the Desktop for the Start Button to become functional. I was a little disappointed to see they are still using the Microsoft standard size Recovery and EFI system partitions, 300 MB and 100 MB...