Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation.

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 ultimate installed with a dual boot option with Centos 7 in my desktop. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 now. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe_80, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Joe_80 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation.

I have Windows 7 ultimate installed with a dual boot option with Centos 7 in my desktop.

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 now. I tried to installed more than 2 times and everytime getting the same error

0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation failed in the Safe_OS phase with an error during Boot operation.

:)

Joe_80, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade issues with error during boot operation. - Similar Threads - upgrade issues error

2. 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 during boot Operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc1900101 - 0x20017 during boot Operation: 1-My laptop hangs while installing Update 22h2 on Win10 Home the update error 0XC1900101 – 0x20017 in Windows10 home and only shows a black screen with MSI logo on reboot first reboot. When I power off and reboot, it says "failed to install updates" in the right corner. 2-The...
  3. 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 during boot Operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc1900101 - 0x20017 during boot Operation: 1-My laptop hangs while installing Update 22h2 on Win10 Home the update error 0XC1900101 – 0x20017 in Windows10 home and only shows a black screen with MSI logo on reboot first reboot. When I power off and reboot, it says "failed to install updates" in the right corner. 2-The...
  4. 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 during boot Operation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation: I have tried to installing windows 11 22H2 version on my Dell Inspiron 43711N and getting an error message of 0xC1900101-0x20017 saying"The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation. What should I do now please tell me....
  6. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation: The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operationI've been trying to install Windows 11 22h2 on my laptop running Windows 11 Pro 21h2 for the past 2 weeks now. But every time my laptop restarts the second time, it gets stuck just after the...
  7. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation: The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operationI've been trying to install Windows 11 22h2 on my laptop running Windows 11 Pro 21h2 for the past 2 weeks now. But every time my laptop restarts the second time, it gets stuck just after the...
  8. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation...

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation...: I decicded to update my pc to recent 20H2 update .. I am currently on 1809 . I tried all the methods - Media creation tool , Windows Update Assistant and from setting menu checking for update .. all 3 updates gives me same error during installation. The installation...
  9. Error during migrate data operation - Upgrading Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Error during migrate data operation - Upgrading Win 7 to 10: Failed in FIRST_BOOT Phase - error during migrate data operation when upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 My win version is Windows 7 Build 7601 Service Pack 1 As the title suggests. I'm attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 with Media Creation tool. The actual Error code...
  10. Windows 10 update to 1903 failed in 2nd boot phase with error during boot operation....

Windows 10 update to 1903 failed in 2nd boot phase with error during boot operation....: I'm running an recently updated (this morning) Windows 10 version1809. After failing to update to version 1903 from Update and Security and resetting to 1809, at this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 I tried "Update now" Fails again. At the...