Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 a couple of days ago from windows 7. Before updating all my games worked fine, but after certain games just crash when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hollandblackburn, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup

I just upgraded to windows 10 a couple of days ago from windows 7. Before updating all my games worked fine, but after

certain games just crash when I try to launch them.

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0x00000000
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
    Faulting process id: 0x3b30
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d60842b741b228
    Faulting application path: bad_module_info
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: f65fc1e9-279c-4601-b74f-7635a0eba70d
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This happens when I try to launch mount and blade bannerlord.

Also tried launching world of warships and get a critical error

However all other games I've tried so far have been fine.

I tried reinstalling the games, doing a fresh gpu driver install and a couple of other things but to no avail.

Strangely every so often bannerlord launches but in a tiny window that I can't enlarge.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

:)

hollandblackburn, Apr 1, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup

Angela Pun, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup

1. Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup - Similar Threads - upgrade leading games

2. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  3. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly: I have played Sea of Thieves for years now, and ever since Sunday the 18th, it has had issues regarding the launching of the game.I was updating it following the latest patch/update, and since then I have received error code: 0xc0000005 upon the splash screen of the game,...
  4. Windows 10 - Game crashes on startup repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Games Crashing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing on Startup: Hello, half of the games on my steam library are crashing when I try to launch them.LoginId:88d12d5b4a59d419a125ea9acf8809ae EpicAccountId:9d9d9abe65de49bf940a36a73cecd237 Unhandled Exception: 0xc06d007f KERNELBASE Shivers_Win64_Shipping Shivers_Win64_Shipping...
  6. Games Crashing on Startup

Games Crashing on Startup: Hello, half of the games on my steam library are crashing when I try to launch them.LoginId:88d12d5b4a59d419a125ea9acf8809ae EpicAccountId:9d9d9abe65de49bf940a36a73cecd237 Unhandled Exception: 0xc06d007f KERNELBASE Shivers_Win64_Shipping Shivers_Win64_Shipping...
  7. PC Crashed which lead to the Startup Window Freezing

PC Crashed which lead to the Startup Window Freezing: I am currently trying to fix my pc. I got back home today and had a problem. It was causing my games and apps to crash while also forcing my screens to black screen although discord was still functional. I restarted and everything was fine but when I came back a few hours...
  8. Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering

Windows 10 Device connect/disconnect sounds lead to games crashing/stuttering: Bought a PC at the start of 2020 with all brand new parts and built it with no problems whatsoever. Around 3 or so months in I had this exact issue and fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling my headset drivers. Fastforward to now and the same issue has yet again come back...
  9. Windows updates lead to BSOD on startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows updates lead to BSOD on startup.: Hello everyone! I've been having this issue for a good while now (Month or two I think?) where whenever I attempt to install a Windows update, regardless of what update it is, it causes my PC to BSOD when it starts back up after shutting down. I hit "Update and shut down"...
  10. Windows store games crashing on startup

Windows store games crashing on startup: As soon as i open a game like ark or halo wars 2 the game opens for a few seconds then crashes. i have the system requirements: 8GB ram, gtx 1050ti, i5-2400, windows 10 1803, 64-bit processor and obviously a mouse and keyboard....