Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account. However,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by webbj, Aug 23, 2015.

1. webbj Win User

Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account. However, didn't see my wife's account at login. After install and setup was complete, I was updating a few programs out of date due to the upgrade, restarted, and at login only my wife's account was present. No option for me to login. I looked in the Settings/Accounts/Family & other users and there isn't anyone else listed. I still have a file under users on the C drive but not sure how to fix this without having to create a new account. During initial setup when I was logged in, my desktop setting were exactly how they were with Win 7. So, no clue what happened. Thanks

:)

webbj, Aug 23, 2015

2. "Lost" users

Hi Charles,

To assist you with your concern of users getting lost after upgrading to Windows 10, here is a very helpful post from SujataMoktan in this link:

Missing User Account After Windows 10 Upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Lost files after updating to Windows 10

I thought I had lost my files. I had 4 user accounts on windows 7 before I upgraded to windows 10. When windows 10 introduction page came on after upgrade it started on a different new user page and on this desktop account was none of my files. After restarting
    computer I could then pick my usual user account which had all my files as usual but with windows 10 format.

The_Smiths, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

1. Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts - Similar Threads - upgrade lost User

2. User account lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account lost: Hello,While I was trying to change the user account folder name which was misstyped, by logging in to the administrator account and using following commands in cmd:Cd C:/usersRename OldName NewName, Followed by a regedit change for the user profile's path in...
  3. User account lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account lost: Hello,While I was trying to change the user account folder name which was misstyped, by logging in to the administrator account and using following commands in cmd:Cd C:/usersRename OldName NewName, Followed by a regedit change for the user profile's path in...
  4. User account lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lost user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost user account: Hi, I had some trouble with Windows and reset it, this kept my files and programs. It logged me on with the administrator account, Windows is ok but one user account is gone. The folder is no longer there in Users, Windows still seems to remember its password in some areas....
  6. Lost User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost User Account: Have a computer with Windows 10 Pro, I used to have 2 user accounts on it. The other account is not showing showing up? I ran the AccountProfileFixer and it fixed the problem until the computer reboots. When I start the computer next day its gone again, not sure what caused...
  7. Lost access to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost access to user accounts: A few months ago windows performed an upgrade that made the other 2 user accounts unaccusable. Mine as the administrator still worked the other 2 did not. They were still there and could log in with their passwords but they would log-in into a blank screen. You can activate...
  8. User Account Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account Lost: I'm not sure how, when, or what happened here. but this morning I found that my user id, “C:\Users\UnknownUser” contained all my working directories was gone and that “Users\Downloads” with a large blue down-arrow had replaced it and that it contained all my working...
  9. Lost windows user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost windows user account: Briefly, after the latest windows update when the computer restarted, I logged in and everything was missing. It was a fresh account under the same name, and even activated the intro that Windows 10 does when it first installs. I've tried switching between a Microsoft and...
  10. Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade: Hello all, first post here! OK I did my windows 10 upgrade now on three machines. two of the machines were single user windows 8.1 prior to upgrade, but one was a Windows 7 Pro machine. I ran the upgrade, but lost my kids user id log on. I had a user id for them set up as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows accounts lost after upgrade

2. upgrade to windows 10 lost user accounts