Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account. However,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by webbj, Aug 23, 2015.

1. webbj Win User

Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the free upgrade. Initially during the upgrade and configuration, I was using my account. However, didn't see my wife's account at login. After install and setup was complete, I was updating a few programs out of date due to the upgrade, restarted, and at login only my wife's account was present. No option for me to login. I looked in the Settings/Accounts/Family & other users and there isn't anyone else listed. I still have a file under users on the C drive but not sure how to fix this without having to create a new account. During initial setup when I was logged in, my desktop setting were exactly how they were with Win 7. So, no clue what happened. Thanks

:)

webbj, Aug 23, 2015

2. "Lost" users

Hi Charles,

To assist you with your concern of users getting lost after upgrading to Windows 10, here is a very helpful post from SujataMoktan in this link:

Missing User Account After Windows 10 Upgrade.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Lost files after updating to Windows 10

I thought I had lost my files. I had 4 user accounts on windows 7 before I upgraded to windows 10. When windows 10 introduction page came on after upgrade it started on a different new user page and on this desktop account was none of my files. After restarting
    computer I could then pick my usual user account which had all my files as usual but with windows 10 format.

The_Smiths, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts

1. Windows 10 upgrade- lost User Accounts - Similar Threads - upgrade lost User

2. Lost User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost User Account: Have a computer with Windows 10 Pro, I used to have 2 user accounts on it. The other account is not showing showing up? I ran the AccountProfileFixer and it fixed the problem until the computer reboots. When I start the computer next day its gone again, not sure what caused...
  3. Lost access to user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost access to user accounts: A few months ago windows performed an upgrade that made the other 2 user accounts unaccusable. Mine as the administrator still worked the other 2 did not. They were still there and could log in with their passwords but they would log-in into a blank screen. You can activate...
  4. Lost User Account after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost User Account after Update: I just updated my system to the 1903 build, and now I lost my Standard User account. It will no longer allow me to log in, and the User folder is empty, so I no longer have access to anything I had saved on that account; which includes personally identifiable information....
  5. User Account Lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account Lost: I'm not sure how, when, or what happened here. but this morning I found that my user id, “C:\Users\UnknownUser” contained all my working directories was gone and that “Users\Downloads” with a large blue down-arrow had replaced it and that it contained all my working...
  6. Lost my default user account

Lost my default user account: My default user account is not listed during startup; only the Guest account called Windows User is available. Earlier, I was trying to find my Microsoft account, but don't think I was successful. I entered a password I had used years ago with the Microsoft Community, but it...
  7. Lost my default user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my default user account: My default user account is not listed during startup; only the Guest account called Windows User is available. Earlier, I was trying to find my Microsoft account, but don't think I was successful. I entered a password I had used years ago with the Microsoft Community, but it...
  8. Lost windows user account

Lost windows user account: Briefly, after the latest windows update when the computer restarted, I logged in and everything was missing. It was a fresh account under the same name, and even activated the intro that Windows 10 does when it first installs. I've tried switching between a Microsoft and...
  9. User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10

User Accounts - After Upgrading to Windows 10: In File Explorer, now has FOUR accounts, specifically, Default, Default Migrated, K, and Public. K should have been my personal user account which was set up under Win 8.1. What are these other accounts doing, why do I need them and how can I remove them? Thanks! 24016
  10. Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost user ID after windows 10 upgrade: Hello all, first post here! OK I did my windows 10 upgrade now on three machines. two of the machines were single user windows 8.1 prior to upgrade, but one was a Windows 7 Pro machine. I ran the upgrade, but lost my kids user id log on. I had a user id for them set up as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows accounts lost after upgrade

2. upgrade to windows 10 lost user accounts