Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a macbook pro 15-inch with Windows 8.1 Pro bootcamp. I recently got a new macbook pro 16-inch and am planning to set up bootcamp again. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brn787, Jul 16, 2020.

1. /u/brn787 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q

I have a macbook pro 15-inch with Windows 8.1 Pro bootcamp. I recently got a new macbook pro 16-inch and am planning to set up bootcamp again. Can I install windows 10 on the new laptop and use the product key from my old laptop to activate windows 10 pro?

submitted by /u/brn787
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brn787, Jul 16, 2020
  2. rjj1234 Win User

Possible "Workaround" to Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 Professional for Bootcamp on a Mac

I own Windows 7 Pro and I'd love to upgrade to Version 10 and run it on a Bootcamp Partition on my Mac.

Currently this is tricky as Bootcamp currently requires Windown 8 or 10 so I can't seem to be able to even install

version 7 on a drive on my Mac to be able to upgrade to Windows 10. Any suggestions to get around this would

be hugely appreciated. Thanks! Robert

rjj1234, Jul 16, 2020
  3. RussNX Win User
    Will Upgrading to Windows 10 using Bootcamp on Mac OSX ruin the bootcamp installation?

Upgrading to Windows 10 will not harm your Mac partition as long as you install only to the Bootcamp partition (C: BOOTCAMP). They're treated like two separate disks. Of course, just back up all of your data first as a safety net, though you should be doing
    that anyway. Also remember you can hold down the Option (alt) key at startup on your Mac and choose any bootable drive available, should you forget how to get back to your Mac startup.

That said, Windows 10 is great on Mac hardware. I'm running a 27" Late 2012 iMac (i7, Fusion Drive) and upgraded with no problems. I do recommend first creating the bootcamp utilities flash drive so that you can reinstall the drivers for your hardware if
    you need to (they should all work fine with Windows 10). I've had no issue with any of Bootcamp drivers, including bluetooth but your mileage my vary. Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q :)

RussNX, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q

Parallels / Bootcamp upgrade to Windows 10?

I have 3 Mac computers and 3 licenses for Windows 8.1 Pro. Parallels 10 had the ability to access the Bootcamp partition from within Mac OS 10.10.4 without creating a virtual machine on the Mac partition. I have upgraded two of the three computers to Windows
    10 and ran into problems with licensing. I upgraded the first Mac Bootcamp partition to Windows 10, using the Windows Media Creation Tool and the upgrade proceeded smoothly. When I tried to access Windows using Parallels, I received a message that a new activation
    was required and there was no number to call at Microsoft to say this was not a different computer or even a separate installation of Windows. I was able to continue using Windows 10 directly from Bootcamp.

On the second Mac, Windows 8.1 was installed as a virtual machine. Upgrade failed because the Parallels display adapter was to supported. Since I was having other problems with this version of Windows, I backed up my data and reinstalled Windows 8.1 on
    Bootcamp. I was then able to upgrade to Windows 10. I am leaving my Mac Mini alone until I figure out what to do.

My question is whether there is any way to access Windows 10 Bootcamp from Parallels which was possible for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1? I should say that the performance of Windows using Bootcamp is much better than using a virtual machine.

ByronCooper521, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q

1. Windows 10 Upgrade / Mac Bootcamp Q - Similar Threads - Upgrade Mac Bootcamp

2. BootCamp for M1 Macs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BootCamp for M1 Macs: Hey Microsoft can you ask apple to help upgrade BootCamp to M1 mac so I can play some windows games please. Thank you-JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-for-m1-macs/97786199-0752-494b-9fab-bb7e072fef1c
  3. BootCamp for M1 Macs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BootCamp for M1 Macs: Hey Microsoft can you ask apple to help upgrade BootCamp to M1 mac so I can play some windows games please. Thank you-JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-for-m1-macs/97786199-0752-494b-9fab-bb7e072fef1c
  4. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  5. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp: HelloDear all,I have installed windows 10 in mac bootcamp for some years.Recently I decided to resize the windows volume and did it though mac disk utility but after that I cannot enter to windows and get error code 0xc0000225I tried startup repair and fixing boot from cmd...
  6. Windows BSoD in Mac Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. bootcamp mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    bootcamp mac: Hi every time I try to install windows 10 on my mac air, after downloading the iso image and restarting in windows, I get the error message windows can not be installed on t=drive 0 partition 1. I thought it was the usb key format but I'mnot sure. Have tried everything....
  8. Windows 10 Bootcamp on Mac - HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Bootcamp on Mac - HELP: I have no internet! It shows that I have no internet, it says I need to install a support driver... no idea what this means submitted by /u/chromeoM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1nx1v/windows_10_bootcamp_on_mac_help/
  9. Windows 10 on Mac Pro with Bootcamp

Windows 10 on Mac Pro with Bootcamp: Once again, an update to Win 10 on my Mac Pro has completly crashed. I'm running 4 x 1t drives. Yosemite, Time Machine, Win 7 and Win 10. For the third time now, Win 10 has done an update and crashed. It tries to start and just goes into a loop. Has anybody else had any...
  10. Windows, Mac & Bootcamp Confusion

Windows, Mac & Bootcamp Confusion: Ok, so I should start by saying I'm a windows user, and I'm simply trying to understand bootcamp. Ever since windows 8.1 I have started using my own heavily customised windows image as a starting point for any of my computers. It's a simple Macrium Reflect disk image. My...