Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built a new tower at Christmas and up to now had no problems with it. It's not the best but came out well and looks nice\ runs great. Waited to last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fsufan0025, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems

I built a new tower at Christmas and up to now had no problems with it. It's not the best but came out well and looks nice\ runs great. Waited to last night to upgrade and had already moved everything to 2 usb's and wiped both ssd's with dban. Went I went to install windows 7 again, I used the 32 bit disk instead of the 64 bit and didn't notice until windows 10 was almost finished. So -- now my windows 10 and windows 7 are both 32 bit, on separate hard drives. That limits me to 4 gigs of ram when I have 16, and that sucks. Possible "easy" solution anyone. Alot of my programs were on a big usb and I only have the 64 bit copies of them. I also have a couple of other questions\problems, I hope someone can help me with. When the boot screen comes up, it shows 4 or 5 os, some that say recovered. How do I delete them ?? And -- last question guys - I promise !! When I go to startup options, it ask for a password, and I've tried every one that I can ever remember having, which they say are wrong. But -- I don't remember having one ?? What to do ?? Can anyone have pity on me and help ??

:)

fsufan0025, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter Issues/Problems

Thanks. Those are very basic steps I already tried (as mentioned in my first post).

I have also tried all six steps listed on the advanced tips here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

My connection is spotty at best. It takes 30 minutes of resetting the network adapter to even get a wifi connection and it eventually drops it after 45 minutes.

AlexandraVallianatos, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems

I may be having trouble following, but it seems like you want to switch to the 64 bit version of Windows? If so, your only option is a clean install. I would clean install Windows 10 64 bit, which should also clean up your boot options. Then, you can install Windows 7 as a virtual machine later on, using something like VMWare Player, assuming you have separate licenses for 7 and 10.

DeaconFrost, Aug 2, 2016
  5. My bad. Long night. Thanks for the reply. I have a oem windows 7 disk. Thought I'd have to run it 1st, activate it then use my media tool to run windows 7 since I have no windows 10 code. Hope that clears up the rest of the os issues. If I ran the windows 10 first, wouldn't that reinstall windows 10 32bit ?

fsufan0025, Aug 2, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    The clarity of this isn't much improved over post #1.

Once you have installed and activated Windows 10, you can do a clean install on the same hardware. Microsoft's servers will activate the new installation, even if you change the "bitness" of it. (You'd need to stay with the same license type, though - home or pro.)

bobkn, Aug 2, 2016
  7. I love the word bitness. Anyway, yes, once 10 has been activated, you can reinstall it whenever you want, without needing to install a previous OS first. Microsoft's licensing never cared which "bitness" you used. So your digital entitlement (license) will activate automatically if you do a clean install with Windows 10 x64.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems

1. Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems - Similar Threads - Upgrade Many IssuesProblems

2. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors: I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 for the past 4 months. I have tried Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and gotten several errors as follows:0x80004005- Windows Update "Error Encountered" and Windows 11 Installation...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors: I have been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 laptop to Windows 11 for the past 4 months. I have tried Windows Update and the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and gotten several errors as follows:0x80004005- Windows Update "Error Encountered" and Windows 11 Installation...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade failures with many errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 after many, many years. Is this normal during install?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BasedNemesis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxzquh/just_upgraded_to_windows_10_from_7_after_many/
  6. Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Many Windows 7 users are still not upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft is no longer releasing security updates for Windows 7 and the company encourages everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 upgrade efforts aren’t as aggressive as they were back in the days when Microsoft launched Windows 10. In January, Microsoft said it has...
  7. Many many Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many many Windows 10 problems: Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors...
  8. Lastet upgrade in many problem in windows startup

Lastet upgrade in many problem in windows startup: 1) login page not open (password Box) not display 2) then open …. windows not start menu & other apps this problem last 2 & 3 days (13-4-2019) then instant my recovery old backup restore & use ….. then temp problem temp auto upgrade off …. My Contact No....
  9. Windows 10 upgrade creates too many partition

Windows 10 upgrade creates too many partition: Recently I noticed that after upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 anniversary on my HP notebook, the partition table on my disk has been changed (including the creation of 842 MB of unallocated space, and the resize of the partition containing windows 10 from 200 GB...
  10. Many Creators Upgrade Problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Creators Upgrade Problems?: There are a plethora of problems reported across the forum following people 'upgrading' to the Creators version. It seems there are more problems than usual.I'm deferring my upgrade as usual to avoid being a guinea pig. 81732