Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when...

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was asked to update to a new version. I did this and left it running. It seemed to take ages, but now I cannot log in correctly. 1) It takes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SarahL3, Nov 19, 2018.

1. SarahL3 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when...

I was asked to update to a new version. I did this and left it running. It seemed to take ages, but now I cannot log in correctly.

1) It takes a long time to boot up

2) When it finally does the windows login screen shows no internet access. (I used to use wifi but have now connected via ethernet and still it does not find a network.

3) I can logon but get a very strange desktop, Only icons that show are recycle bin.

4) Start key does not work (no programs)

5) None of the taskbar options work

6) I get the message below after login in....

Can anyone help?

Is there a way of forcing this back to the older version of Windows? I cannot run recovery

Hitting the windows key on the keyboard and pressing R lets me run the Run command.

Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when... [​IMG]

:)

SarahL3, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  3. skippy258 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when... [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade - may have been interrupted but I now get the following errors when... - Similar Threads - upgrade may been

2. I have been getting an error message when opening up certain games "The following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting an error message when opening up certain games "The following...: I've been having this error for a while now, but it's only affected two applications and others have had the same issue. I've tried several ways to resolve this issue already, but no success. I've tried installing visual c++ redistributable, but I'm unable to. The uninstaller...
  3. I have been getting an error message when opening up certain games "The following...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been getting an error message when opening up certain games "The following...: I've been having this error for a while now, but it's only affected two applications and others have had the same issue. I've tried several ways to resolve this issue already, but no success. I've tried installing visual c++ redistributable, but I'm unable to. The uninstaller...
  4. Get the following error when opening Microsoft store in windows 10.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Get the following error when opening Microsoft store in windows 10.: Hello, when i open microsoft store get the following error, please see screen shot of the error . [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-following-error-when-opening-microsoft/a9225a33-8f5c-4d8e-a49d-d37242516446
  5. I have been getting BSOD for a day or so now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have been getting BSOD for a day or so now: I just started getting BSOD since yesterday... I ended up resetting windows and choose keep files.. I ended up getting different BSOD this time around.. win32full not handled, NPFS.sys, IRQL no less or Equal. Now this is getting weird.... I did a update for AMD drivers...
  6. When I try to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I get the following error. What causes it and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I try to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I get the following error. What causes it and...: Can someone help with this error? When I try to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 I get the following error. What causes it and how do I fix it? WindowsUpdate_8007001F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"8007001F...
  7. This may have been covered....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This may have been covered....: ….but I haven't been able to find a thread on this. First of all, I am running Windows10 v.1803. The computer hadn't been updated for quite a while (I know, I know...but that's a different story), & I'd learned 1803 wasn't going to be supported anymore. So, I went to download...
  8. i have upgrade to windows 10 now it is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have upgrade to windows 10 now it is not activated: Dear Sir / Madam, Herewith we are informing you that I have two all in one Lenovo pc with licence version one is activated another is not activated I have upgrade to windows 10 but is not activated what is reason is not activated...
  9. Microsoft Troubleshooting Tips have been interrupting unexpectedly - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Troubleshooting Tips have been interrupting unexpectedly - Windows 10: For the last few days, MS Troubleshooting Tips have been breaking into whatever I'm doing. Are the tips a new feature (in which case will someone please point me to an article as I haven't had anything via Notifications) or is there a problem? Sometimes it's just one image...
  10. May have been hit with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    May have been hit with Malware: I am running Windows 10 Pro on my laptop. I had the thing setup to always display my desktop as opposed to the Windows 10 start menu. Almost all of my applications had icons on the desktop. Now when I start, my desktop is totally empty even the color was changed. I used...