Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just spent 15 hours, yes 15 hours getting my LINX tablet to work again after a automatic upgrade, which it turns out was a new windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Derickwigan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

I have just spent 15 hours, yes 15 hours getting my LINX tablet to work again after a automatic upgrade, which it turns out was a new windows 10 installation.

When i turned the tablet on I was asked for a password and whichever of my live passwords I entered I got a error message, then the thing would tell me to wait ages and turn off.

I have had to create a USB windows 10 stick and install windows 10, but the only way I could find space as it wouldn't overwrite the corrupted windows was to delete my LINX system files.# to make space

When windows was running I had to download thirty LINX drivers and install them, otherwise a tablet costing £150 (UK sterling) would have been useless - how can Microsoft not build in a file space detector first, and ALWAYS a option to revert to previous installation - I would sack all the programme developers - something damn annoying happens on every single windows 10 upgrade!!!!!!

:)

Derickwigan, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Oct/Nov 2018 - Similar Threads - upgrade Oct Nov

2. Oct and Nov win updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oct and Nov win updates: Various systems all win10 Pro, with Office 365 Bus Differing hardware Following win updates released Oct and Nov On all systems power/sleep settings failed ie systems do not now sleep/hibernate. MS Outlook default sounds eg on Delete have failed...
  3. Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018

Windows 10 Updates for Nov. 2018: All, when I search for updates, they say they have downloaded and installed and even restarted my computer. When I go to "view update history" nothing shows up. Is this something new? The question I really have is: have my updates been installed and why are they not showing...
  4. Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nov. 10 2018 update = BSOD. Help!: The latest Microsoft update was forced on my HP laptop last night overnight. Now when i turn it on, i have normal background, touch screen tonlogin and get BSOD. Hitting F4 doesnt help, rebooting several times, i do not fet a safemode option. Just BSOD every time. Help!...
  5. Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018

Windows 10 Update issue Nov 7, 2018: I recently had an issue when updating my Windows 10. Everything went through fine save for the important feature update. Here are some screenshots below so you can see the issue. Can someone help me out here? The architecture this system runs is 1706 according to a winver...
  6. windows 10 pro update oct 2018

windows 10 pro update oct 2018: hello, I I have windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in updating to version 1809 in sloveniahave pc and windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in the update with version 1809 in sloveniaI have pc and windows 10 pro version 1803, I am interested in the update...
  7. Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates

Windows 10 Oct 2018 updates: I have an Oct Win 10 2018 update pending. Its been downloaded and is waiting for restart. It downloaded on or about the 4 th of Oct 2018. Based on all the problems of this update recently, how do I keep this one from installing/updateing untill the "fix" for these bugs is...
  8. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  9. oct 2018 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oct 2018 update: after i installed oct 2018 feature updates , when i use ms photos app and expand to full screen then enlarge, then click to hide toolbar at the top , the photo goes back to normal size. why????? any bug fixes?????...
  10. oct 2018 update question

oct 2018 update question: everybody is talking about the October 2018 update (which I don't think I got) today I updated to build 18252 from build 17763 heres my question.... 1. what is the oct update 2. does build 18252 overwrite the oct update...