Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Asus 2 in 1 tablet running windows 8.1. I tried to upgrade it via a thumb drive and it keeps on asking me for the product key. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave1954, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dave1954 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet

Hi,

I have a Asus 2 in 1 tablet running windows 8.1. I tried to upgrade it via a thumb drive and it keeps on asking me for the product key. The tablet came preinstalled with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 8.1. The product I have accessed in the settings is still the OEM key which is not accepted by windows. Can anybody help.

Dave

:)

Dave1954, Aug 28, 2015

2. Freelancer on windows 10 tablet 2 in 1, screen rotate fail.

hey mate. Got pretty much same problem. Did you found something to solve that problem?

Eduard Kiemele, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Freelancer on windows 10 tablet 2 in 1, screen rotate fail.

hey mate,

so ive tried so many different things to try and get it working. I tried running the install in compatibility mode like you suggested it didn't work. neither did running the exe file in compat mode.

I tried a bunch of other things, like trying to add in a line of code into one of the text files. didn't work. tried locking the screen rotation and everything. nothing.

when the game is loaded up, I can hotkey rotate it to the right way, and it works for a second and then the whole screen goes black.

so I have no more ideas. what about you?

chrisfazey, Aug 28, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

Hi Dave,

The trick is not to boot from the thumb drive at this stage. You shouldn't enter a product key to install Windows 10 unless you bought a specific Windows 10 licence.

You will need to make sure you do an Upgrade installation first.

Have a look at the Tutorial here - it sounds like you'd want the option at Step 6:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Personally, I would take a backup image before starting, just in case the upgrade doesn't work, in which case you might need to go back and start from Windows 8.1 again.

Another thing to check is that you have the right version of Windows 10 on your thumb drive- for instance if you have the core (non-Pro) version of Windows 8.1, you can't upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without buying a licence. The tutorial includes a table showing which versions are valid upgrades.

Once you have upgraded and it is activated, then you can try to clean-install if you wanted to, but my experience with my tablet (not an ASUS though) was that the clean installation process didn't find all the drivers it needed. I got it to work but it was tricky to find all of the drivers in my case. I assume the initial upgrade installation worked better because it used the drivers that were already there.

DavidY, Aug 28, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You probably have the wrong version of Windows 10 downloaded to the thumb drive. An upgrade from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 should not ask for a product key and if an upgrade is asking for a product key something is wrong - you either have the wrong version of Windows 10 downloaded or you are really trying to do a clean install - and the Windows 10 will likely not activate. Use showkey to figure out which version of Windows 8.1 you have so you know which version of Windows 10 to download:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet - Similar Threads - upgrade tablet

2. Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...: I’m trying to be able to play games on the Fusion 5 FWIN PRO S3 tablet but I’m also trying to research information if I can upgrade the Ram from 8 to whatever the device can support but also upgrade the processor for the tablet so it runs smoother and better so I can game...
  3. Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...: I’m trying to be able to play games on the Fusion 5 FWIN PRO S3 tablet but I’m also trying to research information if I can upgrade the Ram from 8 to whatever the device can support but also upgrade the processor for the tablet so it runs smoother and better so I can game...
  4. How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?

How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?: How do I upgrade my laptop from 8.1 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-my-tablet-from-windows-81-to-10/a1d33da1-513c-4b3a-b833-fc665ae0ca14
  5. How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade my tablet from Windows 8.1 to 10?: How do I upgrade my laptop from 8.1 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-my-tablet-from-windows-81-to-10/a1d33da1-513c-4b3a-b833-fc665ae0ca14
  6. Linx 1020 Tablet Windows Upgrade Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linx 1020 Tablet Windows Upgrade Issue: Hi, I have a Linx 1020 tablet which I'm trying to update to Windows 20H2. This fails and, eventually, I get a Windows message telling me that the Update has failed and that I should contact my manufacturer to obtain a Bios upgrade. Does this mean that 20H2 can't be installed...
  7. Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11: The tablet function on my HP convertible laptop is not working since I upgraded to Windows 11. With Windows 10, I could fold the main body and screen together and use the laptop as a regular tablet. This is no longer working in Windows !!. Anyone else have a similar problem?...
  8. Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11

Tablet function on HP convertible laptop no longer working after upgrade to Windows 11: The tablet function on my HP convertible laptop is not working since I upgraded to Windows 11. With Windows 10, I could fold the main body and screen together and use the laptop as a regular tablet. This is no longer working in Windows !!. Anyone else have a similar problem?...
  9. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...: 2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the SD until needed by installer....this gave the adequate space needed C drive had 28 gb usable Install completed normally and...
  10. Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 upgrade on modest tablet device...: 2015....upgraded on tablet win 8.1 to Home 10.1.....tablet equipped with SD Card 64GB. Installer was instructed to place install component files on the SD until needed by installer....this gave the adequate space needed C drive had 28 gb usable Install completed normally and...