Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an old IBM Intellistation Z Pro 9228 (MC1) I am tryint to upgrade this machine to Windows 10 Pro 1903 from a clean installed and activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TYLER_ERMIS, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228

Hi, I have an old IBM Intellistation Z Pro 9228 (MC1)

I am tryint to upgrade this machine to Windows 10 Pro 1903 from a clean installed and activated copy of Windows 7 Pro.

When first reboot occurs, setup freezes at 1%. I left it like this for 1 hour, until i finally decided to hold powerbutton and reboot.

What would be causing this? I also tried upgrading with 1803 install media. My PC meets requirements.

CPU 2x Intel Xeon Woodcrest 5160 cpus

LSI 4 port SCSI/SAS 1st gen adapter (origional equipment controller)

32gb PC2-5300f ram

Nvidia GTX 1050 2gb

1TB Toshiba Hybrid drive.

I forgot to screenshot error code, so i will try again and post back here when done.

:)

TYLER_ERMIS, Jul 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 and IBM Intellistation Z Pro (9228) - Recent installers not working

Hello,

Using an IBM IntelliStation Z Pro 9228.

When Microsoft announced that we could migrate to Windows 10, we proceed without any problem from Windows 8.1 on one Workstation.

Only, when trying with the recent versions of the installer (first tentative was around the start of the year) on an other workstation (same configuration) we were getting black screen, stuck Windows logo, freeze at the language selector, using the migration
    App in Windows 8.1 or the ISO image.

We have tried everything (disabling planar systems, booting with nothing connected, swapping memory modules, video card, reset BIOS / CMOS).

We finally decided to test if it was possible to reinstall Win10 on the "already updated workstation"... to realize that the recent installer displays the same behavior / problem no matter the workstation used.

Obviously, Windows 10 run flawlessly when using the migrated partition. Very strange.

Any idea?

Any way to turn the verbose / debug when using the ISO image installer, so at least we could send MS a log... ?

Thank you in advance!

FastThinker, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228

IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre installation Environment

Hi, I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro type 9228

Fir some reason i can not get any other version of Windows than Windows Vista x64 or x32 bit to install on the system, because Preinstallation Environment doesnt detect the Hard Drives.

i think i need the storage control drivers for it but i can not find any on the jnternet (especially since IbM no longer supports the system)

I am posting a pic of the screen with the possible Storage controller driver i need for the system.

Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228 [​IMG]

TYLER_ERMIS, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228

1. Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228 - Similar Threads - upgrade Intellistation 9228

2. upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade to Windows 10: Hi,I purchased this pc since long time, but never used. I have Windows 8.1 in my system, but never upgraded the systems to Windows 10. How can I download and upgrade to Windows 10 as free. How can I get the product key of windows 10. Please advice me and guide me step by step...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade: I am running windows 10 pro, if I upgrade to Windows 11 am I going to get windows 11 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade/e06fee55-f9af-4406-83d8-1e8f0ae0e550
  4. Upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to windows 10: this laptop was manufactured October of 2012 and was last updated in 2013. I purchased windows 10 and hoped to update that on to this laptop. I installed the tool to get windows 10. everything was going smooth until an error code: 0x80080005 -0x90018 popped up and stopped the...
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10

Upgrade to Windows 10: how to change window 8.1 to 10 online ***Original Title: window upgrade*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10/a8beca9d-0f02-4bae-9bd1-3b5cbf908d99
  6. WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE: Hi Guys, Gals and Gurus, I took advantage of the free Windows 10 Upgrade a few years ago and saved my copy on a USB Memory Stick. Unfortunately, the PC has now died so I'm now using a laptop running Windows 8.1. Is it possible to use the Memory Stick to install my copy of...
  7. IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre...

IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre...: Hi, I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro type 9228 Fir some reason i can not get any other version of Windows than Windows Vista x64 or x32 bit to install on the system, because Preinstallation Environment doesnt detect the Hard Drives. i think i need the storage control...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade: I installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on a test laptop a while back. Being the impatient person I am, and since I am in the insiders program, I would like to take advantage of it and get Windows 10 installed on my main PC early. If I download the latest version from the...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade: I downloaded the iso using the media creation tool and when I try to install Windows 10 I am asked for a key. I tried using my windows 8.1 key but that didn't work. what do I need to use? 9685
  10. Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade: Hello I have resisted the temptation to upgrade to Windows because I have issues with updated drivers version that I will get etc. I would assume that the drivers update is happening as we speak. I have a 64bit chipset but I am running a 32bit system (windows 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IntelliStation 9228